free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Marriage problems after filing I 751

Good Afternoon,

My wife (USC) and I filed for I-751 to remove temporary Green Card condition about 2 months ago. For the past few weeks our marriage has been in a turmoil. Every weekend she tells me that she is going out of town. When I ask her where, she never clearly answers. For the past week or so, its getting to the point where she would not return at night as well. I believe there is another man in her life. Infact I am quite sure that there is another man. She has started to ask me for divorce although she knows that my case is still in a pending status. Like I stated earlier, I-751 has already been filed for about a couple of months now but I am not sure how long will it take to get a permenant Green Card.
    I have been experiencing a lot of hardships and sufferings through her throughout our relationship but its gotten to this point where its completely inbareable for me any more. So my questions are
    -- what if she asks for divorce? And what if I am willing to divorce her because of all the sufferings I am going through?
    --What will be the impact on my current case that I have filed it?
    --Would I have to reapply to remove temporary condition if we file for divorce?
    --What will be my chances since she has been cheating on me in our relationship?
    --Also would I need a lawyer to pursue this as I would like to avoid that direction if the lawyer is only going to fill out forms.
    With all the evidence that I have, it would be very simple to establish that the marriage was undertaken as goodwill?

All help is highly appreciated !!!

Thanks ...

Good Afternoon,

My wife (USC) and I filed for I-751 to remove temporary Green Card condition about 2 months ago. For the past few weeks our marriage has been in a turmoil. Every weekend she tells me that she is going out of town. When I ask her where, she never clearly answers. For the past week or so, its getting to the point where she would not return at night as well. I believe there is another man in her life. Infact I am quite sure that there is another man. She has started to ask me for divorce although she knows that my case is still in a pending status. Like I stated earlier, I-751 has already been filed for about a couple of months now but I am not sure how long will it take to get a permenant Green Card.
    I have been experiencing a lot of hardships and sufferings through her throughout our relationship but its gotten to this point where its completely inbareable for me any more. So my questions are
    -- what if she asks for divorce? And what if I am willing to divorce her because of all the sufferings I am going through?
    --What will be the impact on my current case that I have filed it?
    --Would I have to reapply to remove temporary condition if we file for divorce?
    --What will be my chances since she has been cheating on me in our relationship?
    --Also would I need a lawyer to pursue this as I would like to avoid that direction if the lawyer is only going to fill out forms.
    With all the evidence that I have, it would be very simple to establish that the marriage was undertaken as goodwill?

All help is highly appreciated !!!

Thanks ...

Michael
    Awww geez...
    It's a freaking epidemic I tell you !

epidemic
    I have similar situation with you. Can anybody post some information? Thanks.

Michael
    What is your situation?

I've been in a similar situation, the first thing you need to do is to get a separation, it seems like your relationship went down the hill already, with a separation you will buy time, staying with your spouse under one roof will make things worse.

You don't need to go the hardship route, it is hard to prove and it is costy!

Your best bet is to get approved without interview (depends on how much evidence you submitted, and on your luck!)

Lawyers will take advantage of you, just be prepared.

Michael
    "Lawyers will take advantage of you, just be prepared."
    - Give me a break ! You people defraud America and take advantage of innocent Americans and then you have the nerve to complain about lawyers taking advantage of you !!! Unbelievable ! You should be thankful that there are such lawyers and that our system even allows you the opportunity to stay here. Like they say - "This is our system. If you don't like our system, then get out !"