50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or is there something wrong here?

I don't want to make this very long, but I surely need some advise because something doesn't seem right to me. I'm only going to put in facts so it won't be too long and that way it'll be easier to follow. I hope this is alright for you guys.

My name is Terri and I'm a victim. My father, Antonio Dulay Olaes, Jr was charged for 4 counts of incest. He plead guilty in Massachuseets on January 21, 2000 and was released from NCCI on March 15, 2005. Now when he was in prison he was known as an illegal alien. And while he was in prison on November 14, 2000 he was granted relief. On March 15, 2005 INS picked him up and held him in Suffix County to get deported. He was ordered from a judge to be deported.

My father appealed the case and it went to the Boards of Immigration Appeals in Virginia and they overturned his deportation orders on some kind of technicality. That is really all that they would tell me.

Today I received a phone call at 11:17 AM saying that my father, Antonio Dulay Olaes, Jr was being released today from immigration and now the case is closed.

Something doesn't smell right here. By immigration law it says that my father has done an aggravated felony. The immigration law says that it is mandatory that he gets deported out of the USA. Yet, they are letting him be released today, giving him his green card and allowing him to continue to live here in the states. Yes, my father raped me over and over again. I had a child by him that died at birth and DNA is what put him behind bars because he couldn't deny what DNA proves.

Why is it that immigration of appeals is allowing this convicted felon to live here in the states and what are my rights as a victim? What can be done to overturn this and make them, make my father be deported. My father has a criminal history over many years, and if they had dealt with him a long time ago, I might of been spared many heartaches that I had to endure.

I could really use some input and I really could use someone that can help me legally telling me what I need to do. Immigration lied to me. Immigration failed to protect me against this man for if they had taken care of him years ago as they should of, my father couldn't have had the opportunity to hurt me continuously as he has. I was told that he had a very slim chance to be able to stay here in the states, yet he is supposedly that slim chance and they are allowing him to stay here? Now we have someone that should be deported out of this country, free among our own country and is a danger to our community. The words from a parole hearing last year. How can immigration let this happen and what can I do about it? Please any help would be appreciated it very much.

Terri--the daughter of the man I want to see get deported

I don't want to make this very long, but I surely need some advise because something doesn't seem right to me. I'm only going to put in facts so it won't be too long and that way it'll be easier to follow. I hope this is alright for you guys.

My name is Terri and I'm a victim. My father, Antonio Dulay Olaes, Jr was charged for 4 counts of incest. He plead guilty in Massachuseets on January 21, 2000 and was released from NCCI on March 15, 2005. Now when he was in prison he was known as an illegal alien. And while he was in prison on November 14, 2000 he was granted relief. On March 15, 2005 INS picked him up and held him in Suffix County to get deported. He was ordered from a judge to be deported.

My father appealed the case and it went to the Boards of Immigration Appeals in Virginia and they overturned his deportation orders on some kind of technicality. That is really all that they would tell me.

Today I received a phone call at 11:17 AM saying that my father, Antonio Dulay Olaes, Jr was being released today from immigration and now the case is closed.

Something doesn't smell right here. By immigration law it says that my father has done an aggravated felony. The immigration law says that it is mandatory that he gets deported out of the USA. Yet, they are letting him be released today, giving him his green card and allowing him to continue to live here in the states. Yes, my father raped me over and over again. I had a child by him that died at birth and DNA is what put him behind bars because he couldn't deny what DNA proves.

Why is it that immigration of appeals is allowing this convicted felon to live here in the states and what are my rights as a victim? What can be done to overturn this and make them, make my father be deported. My father has a criminal history over many years, and if they had dealt with him a long time ago, I might of been spared many heartaches that I had to endure.

I could really use some input and I really could use someone that can help me legally telling me what I need to do. Immigration lied to me. Immigration failed to protect me against this man for if they had taken care of him years ago as they should of, my father couldn't have had the opportunity to hurt me continuously as he has. I was told that he had a very slim chance to be able to stay here in the states, yet he is supposedly that slim chance and they are allowing him to stay here? Now we have someone that should be deported out of this country, free among our own country and is a danger to our community. The words from a parole hearing last year. How can immigration let this happen and what can I do about it? Please any help would be appreciated it very much.

Terri--the daughter of the man I want to see get deported

If I am understanding the situation correctly. He has already done time for his "crime". In terms of his immigration status it depends on alot of issue. Maybe, depending on where he is from, he was granted political asymlum. There are lots of reasons that immigration would allow him to stay. I am wondering why he didnt do more time, he got out in 5 years. That doesnt sound like justice to me. There are human rights agency u can contact that might help you for free. Also there are lots of women rights organizations that might direct you. I am very sorry for the things that you have had to go through. It seems unfair that he gets to roam free after what you suffered. Sometimes our system gives people too much justice and others none or not enough. God Bless You.

Yes, he has done his time for the crime that he did to me. However, since he wasn't a united States citizen he should be forced to leave the country according to the aggravated felony law of immigration. However, their telling me that it was something that wasn't written in the police report that he got out on. He isn't in danger if he goes back to his own country for they looked at that a while back. I just don't understand how they can allow him to roam free when he should be facing being deported. As I told Mr. Drake the victim witness coordinator in Boston, MA, they are breaking their own law by allowing him to stay. He openly agreed with me and said that he should of been deported but also doesn't understand why he wasn't deported.

As I'm trying to say is where are the victims rights to crimes like this? It is no wonder why victims want to run and hide as I've felt like doing and have done for many years for fear of my own life and what my father may do to me. However, I refuse to run anymore. I'm going to stand up for this. I believe that Immigration is turning their head to this crime that he has committed and that they need to reopen their eyes and deport him to where he belongs to be. My goodness, this is my father. He did me wrong and should be punished. Not allowed to be handed a green card and say hope you have a nice life now.

I believe that my rights somewhere in the last 5 years has been violated. I believe that I've been lied to many times throughout these past few years regarding my father. He has done other crimes. This isn't his first. How many times does he has to do a crime before they send this man away? How many people will he have to hurt before Immigration says something has to be done and where going to do it now. I don't want to wait till it gets to that point.

Last year a little over a year ago, the parole board denied him parole saying that he is a danger to me and he is a danger to society. Why didn't Immigration look at that? There has to be something that I can do. I shouldn't have to sit back and do nothing. Many things are unfair but it should be unfair to the criminals that convicted the crime, not the ones that didn't ask for it and not the ones that had hoped that she "i" was finally free.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Terri

sorry for what you went through. Have you considered writing to your congressmas for advice? Also, you may need to hide from him or get some court ordered protection.

Its sad that a man would mess up his daughter's life like this.

have you tried to talk to immigration at all. I would demand answers and action. Not only is this man a threat to you, but he is also a threat to others. Im sure that he had to file as a sexual predator. How could anyone let this happen. I would do whatever possible to make sure he gets deported. We dont need sickos like that in the US. In my opinion, crimes like this should be treated as murder. I am so sorry and I wish you the best of luck.

Dear Terri,

Reading your story broke my heart and angered me. I cannot believe that this awful man in still here. You should do everything you can to bring this to the attention of government agencies and perhaps even the media. If he's not going to be deported, 5-years doesn't seem long enough for raping his own daughter. You should do as the other member suggested and get a protective order against him, violation of that would be considerd deportable offense.

I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't. Please take care of yourself and stay away from that crazy man.

It sounds like a plea bargain or somehow he got convicted of a lesser charge than what he was originally charged with, to have only served 5 years. Did he have no rape charges? Was he here with no visa or was he an overstay? Who told you he was getting a green card, do you know that to be a FACT? Is it possible that he made a deal with someone and provided evidence, etc. in another case in exchange for leniency and help with his immigration issues?

You'll need to provide more information on the sentence imposed (not the same as sentence served, it could be a sentence of 5 years and the judge then decides to suspend 4 of them). Was he a permanent resident, what status did he have? How long ago he came to the U.S.? How long ago he obtained permanent residency if ever? Are you a U.S. citizen or LPR? All this factors are really important here.

Michael
    How was he in bed?