publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Direct Consular Filling canceled in Czech Rep. - changing USCIS policy?

Hi I just have one thing concerning DCF. I do not know whether this is going to be global or what but just recently the US Embassy in Prague will not accept them anymore:
    "As of January 23, 2007 the Embassy can no longer accept I-130 petitions for alien relatives. All petitioners must now file with the appropriate USCIS office in the United States. You can find a list of offices at www.uscis.gov.
    Recent legislation has led to changes in the procedures American citizens resident abroad will follow if they wish to sponsor an immediate relative (spouse, parent or minor child) for an immigrant visa. Effective immediately, the immediate relative petition (I-130) must be filed with the USCIS office responsible for the petitioner's place of residence in the United States (that is, the place of residence of the American citizen who is filing the petition). Consular offices at U.S. embassies and consulates are no longer authorized to accept I-130s, although they will continue to provide guidance to American citizen petitioners and their family members. Responsibility for acceptance and approval of immigrant visa petitions rests solely with USCIS. American citizens should submit their I-130 at the CIS office responsible for their place of residence in the United States. This procedural change may result in a processing delay for some applicants. The Department of State recognizes and sincerely regrets the inconvenience this may cause."
    See also: http://www.usembassy.cz/general_imvisa.html

The way they put it this may result in certain global reduction in DCF, I do not know.
    Any info regarding this, anybody?
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!

Hi I just have one thing concerning DCF. I do not know whether this is going to be global or what but just recently the US Embassy in Prague will not accept them anymore:
    "As of January 23, 2007 the Embassy can no longer accept I-130 petitions for alien relatives. All petitioners must now file with the appropriate USCIS office in the United States. You can find a list of offices at www.uscis.gov.
    Recent legislation has led to changes in the procedures American citizens resident abroad will follow if they wish to sponsor an immediate relative (spouse, parent or minor child) for an immigrant visa. Effective immediately, the immediate relative petition (I-130) must be filed with the USCIS office responsible for the petitioner's place of residence in the United States (that is, the place of residence of the American citizen who is filing the petition). Consular offices at U.S. embassies and consulates are no longer authorized to accept I-130s, although they will continue to provide guidance to American citizen petitioners and their family members. Responsibility for acceptance and approval of immigrant visa petitions rests solely with USCIS. American citizens should submit their I-130 at the CIS office responsible for their place of residence in the United States. This procedural change may result in a processing delay for some applicants. The Department of State recognizes and sincerely regrets the inconvenience this may cause."
    See also: http://www.usembassy.cz/general_imvisa.html

The way they put it this may result in certain global reduction in DCF, I do not know.
    Any info regarding this, anybody?
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!

Yes, that's true. DCF as we know it is now no longer available in the select countries that would participate in the past. It's all to do with the Walsh initiative on child protection.

From now on, the I-130 will be processed stateside where appropriate background checks can be made, if I understand the recent DoS memos correctly.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Thank you, Sappyconifer!
    But – I just Googled the Walsh initiative on child protection and I am not sure what child abuse has in common with immigrations (maybe I read it too fast or so ...).What are they checking ... ?
    I was just confused – for instance in Poland DCF is still available but not in Czech Rep. anymore (well, maybe Poland will cancel it soon too, I sure do not know).
    Or it means that in the future no foreign consulate will be able to do DCF?

Well, this complicates life a ˜bit' for many people.
    My good friend was just about to get married in Prague with her US boyfriend of many years and I do not know what to tell her. Because if I understand it correctly, spousal visa takes even longer to obtain than fiancΓ© visa, is that right? And – I never asked anybody that question before – but I assume that during the whole petition process she is supposed to stay outside US (even if she has a valid tourist visa) – just, please, confirm this for me, ok?
    I just want to help her, see? She is in the mood like ˜being paralyzed'; she has all her wedding invitations sent out, marriage date booked at the town hall, her boyfriend has an airline ticket to Prague and now this. WOW (this information appeared just recently - a week ago or so) on US Embassy in Prague web page; I noticed it just by a pure luck.
    This is not fair – when they cancelled DCF, they should have at least speeded up spousal visas (what if the bride becomes pregnant ... you know what I mean; father will not be able to see his kid for awhile). And also even if she gets fiancΓ© visa, how will she be able to get her family to her wedding in the USA? Well or even if she gets here on B1/1, it does not matter.
    I know that there are more important and life threatening issues around immigrations but this just ****s.
    さん,γŒγ‚“γ°γ‚Œ!