Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-485 trandferred from TSC to Atlanta. Please Help

Dear all,
    I've been in the US for over 12 years, my status has changed from F1 to H1B1 until the company I worked for applied for my I-485. My Notice Date is April 2002. A month ago I received a RFE and my lawyer replied within the same day. Last weeke I received an email from USCIS that my case was transferred to Atlanta's office. Atlanta is the slowest office in the Nation, they are still processing July 01. Will my case still be looked at as received in April 02, or will have a new date when received by the Atlanta's office? Is there anything I can do to accelerate the process? Will a letter to a Congresssman helps in the process?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dear all,
    I've been in the US for over 12 years, my status has changed from F1 to H1B1 until the company I worked for applied for my I-485. My Notice Date is April 2002. A month ago I received a RFE and my lawyer replied within the same day. Last weeke I received an email from USCIS that my case was transferred to Atlanta's office. Atlanta is the slowest office in the Nation, they are still processing July 01. Will my case still be looked at as received in April 02, or will have a new date when received by the Atlanta's office? Is there anything I can do to accelerate the process? Will a letter to a Congresssman helps in the process?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We filed in the Atlanta office, yes the SLOWEST!!! If I am not mistaken, you will keep your prior date. Where do you live? If it is in the region that would apply at this office your ok, but if not I would be checking with the congressman. We have a date of April 2002 too. Also be advised, that some that filed up to 18 months after we did, have been for 485 fingerprints and some have interview dates. My congressman and Senator are looking into this mismanagement and are working to get the dates moving. It didn't hurt to inform them of what is or isn't happening.

reina90,
    Thanks for the reply. I live in Atlanta, and I already did my fingerprints in April 03. Will I be scheduled another appointment for fingerprints again?

I agree with you that the Atlanta office is the slowest one of the whole country. We filed papers on March 26.04 and we are expecting our interview for 2007 since they are processing I-485 applications filed on july 2001. I have done my biometrics and fingerprints and received my work permit though. I'm now waiting for my social security number.

williamaria,
    did Atlanta forward your applications to NBC? i just submitted my AOS papers, and they immediately got forwarded.

How do you know that they got forwarded to NBC, did you receive a letter? I just check my status online and the processing dates for the Atlanta office.

yes, my receipts came from NBC, i didn't get any receipts from Atlanta office.

Waiting,
    Fingerprints are good for one year. If you had fingerprints already, then it should not be long before you get a letter for your interview. We have not yet gotten an appointment letter for 485 fingerprints. Those of you who filed in the Atlanta office or have applications there please keep me informed on your progress. You can e-mail me at reina90@juno.com. I have been watching postings for the Atlanta office closely. I have seen and heard where MANY that filed 18 months after us, have already been for fingerprints and have an appointment for interviews. This is getting ridiculous!

reina90:

Do you know the listing of Atlanta office.
    Who is the Incharge Officer, of that Office, I wrote to them many time and I have returne Receipt that my letter was received by the, Now I need the name if you know.
    Thank you