free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does any one know

My friend who file I-485 for his unmarried son of over 21 years. On the approved I-130.
    After a long time now Immigration Office had sent them a I-485 Supplement A to be completed in duplicate with $1000.00 According to Immigration he was out of status.
    With the hope that their son will get the I-551 stamp in his passport. within four to six week.
    After Immigration had received the form I-485 Supplement A, after they cash the check.
    He received another letter saying it will take 1035 days to make the dicsion.

Now what should he do to take care of this case.
    In my opinion he should wait for another four weeks, and then go through Info pass and see the same officer.
    I will appreciate your assistance in this matter.

My friend who file I-485 for his unmarried son of over 21 years. On the approved I-130.
    After a long time now Immigration Office had sent them a I-485 Supplement A to be completed in duplicate with $1000.00 According to Immigration he was out of status.
    With the hope that their son will get the I-551 stamp in his passport. within four to six week.
    After Immigration had received the form I-485 Supplement A, after they cash the check.
    He received another letter saying it will take 1035 days to make the dicsion.

Now what should he do to take care of this case.
    In my opinion he should wait for another four weeks, and then go through Info pass and see the same officer.
    I will appreciate your assistance in this matter.

What is his current status?

Not all offices stamp passports, too many forgeries.

You can check on line at the USCIS site current procesing times.

While reading USCIS letters I found out that this case is out of normal procesing date which has been confirmed by the uscis.( Father is a USC, this Petition was filed when he was an LPR in Nov/Dec. 2000.)

The current dates for family sponsored preference is as follows:

1st preference is Feb. 22, 2002.
    2 A preference is May 08, 2003.

I will appreciate any suggestions from all of you guys.

In family preference catogory, the process consits of 2 separate parts.

First is until the priority date becomes current - Visa Bulletin. That happened in this case some time ago (so the son was able to file I-485).

The second part is adjustment of status or getting an immigrant visa. The processing times for those actions have nothing to do with Visa Bulletin and current dates in family category, but with a work load in local office (AOS) or consulate (immigrant visa).

Was he or was he not out of status? If he was not, I-485A was not needed, and may be indicator that USCIS mixed up something.

Other than that, nothing much can be done but to wait. Son can't get the stamp in his passport before the approval of his adjustment of status.

You can check processing time for local office. I am not sure they are showing processing of I-485A and if that takes longer than normal I-485.

Is this answering your questions? I am not too sure what's the issue.

aneri,

What are those 2 separate parts. Will you please let me know.

Let me give you some info on the case:
    Parents arrived here on special Immigration visa in 2000, while two children were in the school as F-1
    Parents file I-130, in Nov. 2000.
    Parents become Citizen in Feb. 2006, and then they upgraded the two Petitions.
    Feb. 01, 2007 received an approvals with instructions to file I-485 for both.
    within week droved 80 mils to collect all the forms, asked the information officer, he just give me the form # I-485, with out any other forms. An Attorney was next to me he saw and asked how can you file this form you need more forms with this forms, he went with me and got all the forms.
    After that Father who had worked for the U.S. Government know how to do this, he made photo copies and completed all the forms according to the instructions.
    Attached and mail to California Office, they transfered to MO Benefits office, they asked for finger prints of both , went for Finger prints in May 2007, until October 2007 Received an interview letter to appear on Nov. 15, 2007.
    Completed interview, officer said that all ok, but your name is yet to be clear from FBI.
    Since father had worked for US Govt. he knows how it works and how long it takes. in March 2008 received another letter with form I-485A, at the time of filing I-485 he was not out of status, he did became out of status when he was rush to the hospital in Dec. 2006, and his student consal said she will issue his I-20 and will sent to USCIS, which she did not do in time though she had time until Jan. 2007, and he had become out of status.
    After filing I-485A now we have received a letter saying it will take another 1035 days to make the dision.

Now what you have to suggest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam:
    What are those 2 separate parts. Will you please let me know.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
    In family preference catogory, the process consits of 2 separate parts.

Firstis until the priority date becomes current - Visa Bulletin. That happened in this case some time ago (so the son was able to file I-485).

The second part is adjustment of status or getting an immigrant visa. The processing times for those actions have nothing to do with Visa Bulletin and current dates in family category, but with a work load in local office (AOS) or consulate (immigrant visa)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That was just to tell you that they've finished the phase in which you look at Visa Bulletin, and a new one (adjusting status) began.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam:
    Feb. 01, 2007 received an approvals with instructions to file I-485 for both.
    at the time of filing I-485 he was not out of status, he did became out of status when he was rush to the hospital in Dec. 2006, and his student consal said she will issue his I-20 and will sent to USCIS, which she did not do in time though she had time until Jan. 2007, and he had become out of status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> If he filed I-485 in Feb 2007, but stopped going to school in Dec 2006, why do you say he was not out of status at the time of filing I-485?

Anyway, I don't see anything strange with the case... except long processing times (which is normal for USCIS)

I-485 was file when he was in Status, When he file I-485 A at that time he was out of status from March of 2007. because student consal could not do her job.
    He was in status all the way up to he was in the hospital.

I have experience with many cases that student consal, had not work in time, or they have no knowledge of the uscis system.

Other family, had the same kind of case,and their son case was done right away after his interview.

Today the applicant has received I-797, Notice of Action from National Benefits Center, MO.

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
    This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

We will soon mail you a new Permanent Resident Card. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks.
    When you receive your card you must carry it with you at all times if you are 18 or older. It is the Law.

By the Grace of Lord we are in the final stage of this first process.
    I would like to thank all of you for your help and support in this matter.
    Thank you guys.

As I said before that the applicant has received the above letter from USCIS Missouri Service Ceneter.

Today the April 21, 2008, applicant has received his I-551, Permanent Resident Card mailed on April 15, 2008 valid for ten years.

I would like to thank all of you for your suggestions and input on the subject matter.
    God Bless America. and thank you again.