free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Waiting times for 1-130

Hello to all,
    I am married to a USC military man and we have a daughter who is 6 months and has US citizenship. I am a UK resident.We met and married abroad and I am now living in the UK. He has now been posted to San Diego, and we are getting ready to file our I-130.Basically, I´m the same as most, I want to be with my husband asap in the States with our daughter.She has no problem, its just me!!
    How long does the whole process take, and can I go on holiday there, at least to see him, and so his daughter doesn´t think he´s a stranger!
    He´s coming for 3 weeks to the UK, can we apply here, or does he have to apply in the States? This whole process is driving me bonkers, any advice or stories from people would be greatly appreciated as I really just want to be with my hubby, also his family are desperate to see their granddaughter!
    Many thanks to all and Happy Mothers Day out there.

Hello to all,
    I am married to a USC military man and we have a daughter who is 6 months and has US citizenship. I am a UK resident.We met and married abroad and I am now living in the UK. He has now been posted to San Diego, and we are getting ready to file our I-130.Basically, I´m the same as most, I want to be with my husband asap in the States with our daughter.She has no problem, its just me!!
    How long does the whole process take, and can I go on holiday there, at least to see him, and so his daughter doesn´t think he´s a stranger!
    He´s coming for 3 weeks to the UK, can we apply here, or does he have to apply in the States? This whole process is driving me bonkers, any advice or stories from people would be greatly appreciated as I really just want to be with my hubby, also his family are desperate to see their granddaughter!
    Many thanks to all and Happy Mothers Day out there.

here is a great site for u

WWW.britishexpats.com its full of brits here or trying to get here and offers fantastic advice for the brit side of emigrating.. wait and see!!!!!!! u will get a lot of help here but there u will find a step by step guide from meds, and interviews in london!! and people who meet together in the uk to give support!! you wont feel quite so alone

Moomin... I don't know if it's possible for you to do this or not, but it sure mase things a lot easier for us, if you have a good lawyer in the US ask them to look into you being able to visit your hubby here in US and then stay here with him while your case is processed. Where was it you got married? you say abroad? was it in US or another country. I can here on a visit and got married here, I don't know what differences there are when you are already married. Take a look at my timeline http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/26710094041
    It took us 8 months but at least we were together during that time, just one point tho, until you are approved for your work permit, you will NOT be able to work. Good luck to you.

Thanks, have looked at that website many a time!!I´ve been spending countless hours on the net, and is it right that whilst waiting for the i130, we can apply for a k3 visa so I can go to the States while waiting for approval...and also we can apply for me to work..I think thats the jist of the information I got from USCIS..can anyone confirm?
    Thanks to all again, we got married in Bahrain by the way.

There are others here that know more than I, but as I understand it, from the UK you can come here using the Visa waiver, then once here, apply for your Green card and Work permit, that way you and your hubby will be together through the process, rather than you waiting back in the UK. I applied for my work permit at the same time as my Green card, but it took almost as long for the Work permit to be authorised as it did for the Green card, But at least the two of you would be together.
    Others may be abe to offer more advice.
    But I hope this gives you some ideas and hope.