Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Help (Anyone)

posted June 23, 2004 01:16 AM
    I'm not sure what to do? My fiance' lives in Pakistan. Which route should I go, I-130 (go there and marry him then try to bring him here to the United States) or I-129 (fill out the paper work and marry him when he gets here). I know that both take a long time. I'm adjusting to that fact!
    I want to know which form will be most successful in bringing him to me. With the news the way it is I'm not sure. Is it better for me to just marry him in Pakistan and then try to bring him here after I return as a relative/spouse or try for the fiance' visa.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Lawyers cost $2500 and I really can not afford to pay that so any crumb you can through me as to how to get my fiance' to me would be wonderful!

posted June 23, 2004 01:16 AM
    I'm not sure what to do? My fiance' lives in Pakistan. Which route should I go, I-130 (go there and marry him then try to bring him here to the United States) or I-129 (fill out the paper work and marry him when he gets here). I know that both take a long time. I'm adjusting to that fact!
    I want to know which form will be most successful in bringing him to me. With the news the way it is I'm not sure. Is it better for me to just marry him in Pakistan and then try to bring him here after I return as a relative/spouse or try for the fiance' visa.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Lawyers cost $2500 and I really can not afford to pay that so any crumb you can through me as to how to get my fiance' to me would be wonderful!

Hi kshelton2,

DCF would be the fastest way to bring your fiancée here if you qualify for that ... visit the below mentioned link and read everything .... Visit other links included in that post and you will have clear idea what is best for you. Good luck... Pasha

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438

depends upon you status. are u LPR or Citizen?
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

I am a Citizen born in Kentucky! and DCF (direct counselor filing) is not offered in Pakistan.

I married a Pakistani.

Hope you know what you are getting into, otherwise, RUN!
    Sweet Madame Belu

Fiancée visa might be good option for you... take a look here

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

good luck..

josephine schmo...what happened...are there any signs. My fiancee is willing to marry in a christian church and adapt to my christian ways once away from home. if all pakistanis are bad give me the warning signs...believe me i can be mean, and he is a little guy. i don't want to hurt him...i'm no small fry...so any info you can give me it would be greatly appreciated.

You better think this thing through.....Pakistanis are famous for saying and doing all sorts of things.....until they get their green card. Then they leave, remarry their first wife and file for her and their kids that you knew nothing about. If he is that heavily entrenched in his beliefs (he'll give them up once he's outside of Pakistan!!!!!) do you really think he's going to change? Would you change your belief simply because someone else wanted you too and didn't want to change theirs? Think this through carefully before you end up like so many others before you.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE! I'm going to consider this thing a little more!!! I guess I'm just nieve, I actually believed that love ment more to this man than a green card.
    Wow, if that is the case I can settle for a regular ol' american man. At least they already live in the USA.