Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: GC for parent when they visit on Tourist visa

Hello,

Hello I am USC
    My parents have a visitor visa interview in August in chennai and if they get it they might come right away.

My questions is, what would be the best way to apply for their GC. SHould I apply when they come here and can they over stay once they come here on Visitor visa waiting for their GC .

Or it does not matter, they would still have to go back home once their visitor visa expries and wait till they hear from USCIS local office in india

Also is there limitation on how quickly can they come back to US once they return back after 6 months.

Either way I am try ing to see if they can stay here once they come here and dont have to travel to and fro

Any info/help is highly appreciated

Jaise

Hello,

Hello I am USC
    My parents have a visitor visa interview in August in chennai and if they get it they might come right away.

My questions is, what would be the best way to apply for their GC. SHould I apply when they come here and can they over stay once they come here on Visitor visa waiting for their GC .

Or it does not matter, they would still have to go back home once their visitor visa expries and wait till they hear from USCIS local office in india

Also is there limitation on how quickly can they come back to US once they return back after 6 months.

Either way I am try ing to see if they can stay here once they come here and dont have to travel to and fro

Any info/help is highly appreciated

Jaise

Your biggest hurdle, in my opinion, will be their ability to get visitors' visas in the first place. They're presumed to be intending immigrants and will need to show strong ties (property, bank accounts, family, etc.) in their home country in order to get a nonimmigrant visitor's visa. In other words, they'll have to lie to get one.

Hello THanks for your reply. I know the problem. However my younger ( un married brother is in INDIA) and my grand parents are also alive. I am really hoping they will get the visa.

Sorry Jaise for jumping in. Lately I heard a few questions / plans like you have for your parents. I am not clear, what happens when parents come and overstay while waiting for the green card? Will that overstay be forgiven?

The answer may help many. Thanks.

Jaise is trying to jump in line and that the Consulate General, in Chennai knows what is going on they will deny the visa.
    It is better if you file for I-130 for them they will be here within 6 months with all legal documents.
    Being a USC you should not be working against the policy of our Government follow the rules and try to do right way.

This is why other citizens' foreign parents are denied visas to visit. With the I-130 processing times being as short as they are, just petition for them to immigrate.

I would like to say that if the parents are willing to return home before immigrating than they would be utilizing the visitor visa in the correct fashion. Often a fiance or spouse truly does want to visit their other half before they are ready to immgrate and leave their job, etc. But they will need to prove this to get the visitor visa, and they *will* need to retrun home in order to avoid accusations of fraus when they try to adjust.