publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence)

Hi;

I hope someone can help. I filed my I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence)during the 90 day period before the expiration of my 2 year conditional Green Card. I know the INS received my documents because my enclosed check was deposited 8 days later.

However, it has been two months and I have not received any receipt. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think it was perhaps mailed to the wrong address?

Any feedback would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Hi;

I hope someone can help. I filed my I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence)during the 90 day period before the expiration of my 2 year conditional Green Card. I know the INS received my documents because my enclosed check was deposited 8 days later.

However, it has been two months and I have not received any receipt. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think it was perhaps mailed to the wrong address?

Any feedback would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Hi

I'm not quite at the removal of conditions stage yet, but DID have to mail some documents to the INS after our interview before I got my conditional green card.

From what I've heard, 2 months isn't that long (I know it is to you!), but you know what the INS are like (or you should do by this stage!).

I'm not having a go here.... but it does amaze me the number of people I see on these INS related notice boards, who rely on a check being cashed to tell them their papers have been received.

If you are sending paperwork to the INS, make them accountable for their own lack of efficiency. In other words - when you post it, send it certified mail AND request a receipt. Keep a photocopy of the check you send. Yes, it's more expensive in terms of postage to send certified and to request a receipt, but surely a couple of extra dollars is worth it for your peace of mind. That way, someone at the INS HAS to sign for your papers and, at that point, take responsibility for your documents. If your check is cashed, you have the photocopy and subsequently your statement from the bank as cross-checked evidence that they have your money.

I know it doesn't always make them move faster, but at the very least, it saves you sitting there wondering where your papers are.

I sent the required extra documents to the INS in that way 1 week after our interview. The envelope AND every piece of paper I sent was clearly marked with the name of the INS officer we had met with. My package was certified and I requested a receipt so it had to be signed for. Within 2 weeks, I not only was approved but had my actual conditional greencard IN MY HANDS. I don't know if it made a difference the way I sent it, but it gave me peace of mind to know that I had taken every step to ensure my papers got to the right person, at the right office and that I had proof of it.

This isn't meant as a dig at the person who is waiting for their receipt...... just thought I'd mention this stuff as a general heads-up to everyone sending paperwork to the INS. I know a lot of you will have taken these steps with your paperwork and are STILL waiting around.... but at least you know where your papers are and have clear evidence that they arrived safely - which is one less thing to worry about.

You cannot rely on the INS to be efficient in sending you receipts etc.... in a timely manner, so do EVERYTHING you can to protect yourself AND your paperwork.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

H

I just file I-751 2 weeks ago to Vermont Service Center. received notice yesterday.
    If your check was cleared so long ago, you better call them to find out the status.
    Call you Service Center & request the status or copy of Notice of action.