free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-601 Waiver - how long

It looks like there is quite a few people who filed the I-601. I wonder if they can share their experiences about how long it took them to get the decision.
    Also, I noticed that people who didn't hired the attorney didn't get approved in a lot of cases. We did use the attorney, we filed the I-129 by ourselves and then when my fiance recieved the request for hardship, we went to the attorney to do it. And what surprises me that the waiver he wrote was so simple, we could easily do it ourselves! Maybe it's just when they see that this was done by the attorney, they just trust it more?
    Are there cases when despite the fact that the attorney was used, it still was denied?
    It was the waiver of overstay, by the way.

It looks like there is quite a few people who filed the I-601. I wonder if they can share their experiences about how long it took them to get the decision.
    Also, I noticed that people who didn't hired the attorney didn't get approved in a lot of cases. We did use the attorney, we filed the I-129 by ourselves and then when my fiance recieved the request for hardship, we went to the attorney to do it. And what surprises me that the waiver he wrote was so simple, we could easily do it ourselves! Maybe it's just when they see that this was done by the attorney, they just trust it more?
    Are there cases when despite the fact that the attorney was used, it still was denied?
    It was the waiver of overstay, by the way.

Katya
    I just received approval of I-601 due to overstay it took about 8 months we did not
    have an attorney. We did have a recommendation from the Consulate and our hardsip letter was 1
    page but our hardship was our premature son we included his medical records and thats bout it OH we did do alot of praying Good Luck

Was it 8 months after you file I-601 form the Embassy, or after you filed for spouse/fiancee with the INS?

We did our letter, docs & app ourselves without a lawyer too. We got an RFE in March and will be replying to it next week. Unfortunately, I can't say we're approved yet
    Where did you see all of those people that were denied their I-601 without a lawyer? I don't remember seeing that here.

How you can get an RFE for the I-601? What did it ask for?
    So far I've read 3-4 posts when people were denied the waiver. And they did not use the attorney. The reason for the denial was not enough hardship for the U.S. citezen

Hi Katya. We filed ours, basically without an attorney, and it was approved a liitle bit less than a year after we submitted it to the consulate. As for filing for spouse/fiance with BCIS - well, sometimes the I-130/I-129F takes a long time. So, depending on your situation a K visa might be a better option.

The processing time depends on the consulate where it is being filed.

As for using an attorney or not, well it really depends on how much you are willing to work. But yes there are cases of people who have used attorneys and been denied. My recommendation is to be as involved as possible (never just leave it 100% to the lawyer) and perhaps to use a lawyer for consulting purposes... but definitely be aware of the laws, and of how to do it. If you don't do a good job, and you don't put a lot of work into it, then your chances of being denied are increased.

This also depends on other factors such as the reason the I-601 is needed, the place it is filed, other laws that might be applicable, etc. etc. etc.

For more information come to www.immigrate2us.net. There is quite a community of I-601ers there right now, and I think that you will find some of the postings helpful!

By the way - RFE is a request for evidence. Basically, if you do not (in BCIS' opinion) provide enough evidence to support your hardship letter, but appear to possibly have enough hardship, they will request that you send evidence of the hardship that you are claiming (or of aspects of the hardship).

They will then make the final decision on your case based on this evidence.

I hope this helps.

again, come to www.immigrate2us.net

I just don't get it why Some people always do marketing job for immigrate2us.net? Don't they know that this forum is viewed by more people than any other forum or immigration site, so if they would share their views on this forum, then millions of people would get benefited.

immigrate2us.net has a very good community of I-601 people. Also, it has active moderators who delete the sort of trash that runs rampant here. It has a more user-friendly setup since the forums are divided into different sections devoted to different immigration forms and laws. Spouse and others are just trying to be helpful when they suggets that someone visit immigrate2us.net, they are by no means saying that this forum is inferior.
    Have a nice day