50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Asking for advice, Thanks in Advance

Hi everyone, I need some advice. Please HELP.

I became a legal Permanente resident in 1992, but I've been living in the US since 1984. (in an illegal status) In 1997-1998 I committed a crime of moral turpitude and now I am placed in a removal hearing. I am trying to file for a cancellation of removal but one of the conditions is that I must be a lawful Permanente resident for 7 continuous years. I have all the tax records and school records that I've been living in US for longer than 7 years but I am unable to provide a VISA that documented the date of entry into the US from 1984. Now there is a stamp of I-551 which states temporary evidences of legal admission for Permanente resident, which expired in June of 2004. It's also written on there that "alien is scheduled for removal hearing; do not admit as an LPR. My questions are:

1. Since the I-551 I was given at the time of entry has expired, if I leave the country right now on business or leisure, will I be able to gain entry into the country?? My Hearing is still pending.

2. Besides Cancellation of removal, is there any other relief I am eligible for? And am I eligible for the cancellation of removal?

Thanks in Advance for anyone who can give advice.

Hi everyone, I need some advice. Please HELP.

I became a legal Permanente resident in 1992, but I've been living in the US since 1984. (in an illegal status) In 1997-1998 I committed a crime of moral turpitude and now I am placed in a removal hearing. I am trying to file for a cancellation of removal but one of the conditions is that I must be a lawful Permanente resident for 7 continuous years. I have all the tax records and school records that I've been living in US for longer than 7 years but I am unable to provide a VISA that documented the date of entry into the US from 1984. Now there is a stamp of I-551 which states temporary evidences of legal admission for Permanente resident, which expired in June of 2004. It's also written on there that "alien is scheduled for removal hearing; do not admit as an LPR. My questions are:

1. Since the I-551 I was given at the time of entry has expired, if I leave the country right now on business or leisure, will I be able to gain entry into the country?? My Hearing is still pending.

2. Besides Cancellation of removal, is there any other relief I am eligible for? And am I eligible for the cancellation of removal?

Thanks in Advance for anyone who can give advice.

Based on the hodge-podge info that you have given, you step out of the US (if you can) and that's it, because you no longer have any visa "to gain re-entry into the country." With a situation as complex as yours, this forum is not the proper place to seek advice. Consult with an attorney. You're lucky no IEDs are being thrown into your thread yet.

(Just my thought - take it or leave it).

Rough Neighbor you are wrong ! This is the bestest of places to get good advices !!!! We are more kind and compassionate than lawyers and we do not charge extraordinary $$$$ fees for our kind and good advices.

Here is our advices for "Need Advices" - Get out you committer of crimes of moral turpitude !!! We do not want people committing crimes of moral turpitude in our moral country !!!! Get out NOW !!

Thank you for consulting us for our good advices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
    Rough Neighbor you are wrong ! This is the bestest of places to get good advices !!!! We are more kind and compassionate than lawyers and we do not charge extraordinary $$$$ fees for our kind and good advices.

Here is our advices for "Need Advices" - Get out you committer of crimes of moral turpitude !!! We do not want people committing crimes of moral turpitude in our moral country !!!! Get out NOW !!

Thank you for consulting us for our good advices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please ignore Sonofs posts. He's clearly so far beyond being sane, there's no point anymore. Seek help, Sonof!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:

Thank you for consulting us for our good advices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please ignore Sonofs posts. He's clearly so far beyond being sane, there's no point anymore. Seek help, Sonof! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ProudUSC: I don't think so, just drunk.

Thanks for the expert advice. I will consider all the advise given here!!!

Thanks!!!!