50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need Help.... Nursing student

Hi. I am looking for advice. In late 1999 I was due to finish my BSc degree and re-entered the US on an F-1 after a visit home for Christmas. My I-20 was due to expire in 30 days (bad paperwork keeping on my part) and I was to get new paperwork from my college and report to the local INS office. My parents and I had an arguement and needless to say they did not send my tuition, so I could not enroll in college to get the new paperwork.

Since then I have had various jobs (I have a legal SSN#) and finished college (a Surgical Technologist), but I have never gotten another F-1 or other type of visa. I have also completed 2 semesters of nursing school and only have 2 left for my BSN.

My brother was born in the US and lives here. He is able to sponsor me, but I know this takes a long time (up to 10 years). He is also an unmarried 26 year old college student and may not be able to pass that 125% income rule. I will only marry for love so that is not an option. In truth I would want to fix this situation before I start any relationship.

Is there any other way to fix my situation? What about the special provision the government has for foreign nurses? Will they work for me?

Agape.

Hi. I am looking for advice. In late 1999 I was due to finish my BSc degree and re-entered the US on an F-1 after a visit home for Christmas. My I-20 was due to expire in 30 days (bad paperwork keeping on my part) and I was to get new paperwork from my college and report to the local INS office. My parents and I had an arguement and needless to say they did not send my tuition, so I could not enroll in college to get the new paperwork.

Since then I have had various jobs (I have a legal SSN#) and finished college (a Surgical Technologist), but I have never gotten another F-1 or other type of visa. I have also completed 2 semesters of nursing school and only have 2 left for my BSN.

My brother was born in the US and lives here. He is able to sponsor me, but I know this takes a long time (up to 10 years). He is also an unmarried 26 year old college student and may not be able to pass that 125% income rule. I will only marry for love so that is not an option. In truth I would want to fix this situation before I start any relationship.

Is there any other way to fix my situation? What about the special provision the government has for foreign nurses? Will they work for me?

Agape.

Hi,
    i'm sorry i don't have any advice, since i'm new to all this immigration stuff.
    Would you mind explaining what that 125% income rule refers to?
    Thanks.

I thought the special provision is only for physician in certain field? Nurses has their own category for working permit, but I'm not aware if that will provide waiver for your case.

As for the 125% rule, its for the affidavit support for family based applications.
    http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm