publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Consulate giving my fiance a hard time! HELP!

We were approved by INS, papers were sent to Moroccan Consulate and my fiance had his interview. They told him they needed a copy of my divorce decree, notarized tax forms and copy of my passport showing I had traveled to Morocco and met my fiance. They told him "If she loves you she will send these papers. Bring them and we will give you the Visa." I sent them, he went back for next meeting and now they say that all the papers I sent must be signed by the U.S. Government. What does that even mean? Which part of the Government and why did no one ever tell me this before? My feeling is that they are giving an excuse to say no to him. I am beside myself with worry and have no clue what to do now. I am trying to plan some sort of wedding and I just need my man with me. Can anyone out there PLEASE help me?

We were approved by INS, papers were sent to Moroccan Consulate and my fiance had his interview. They told him they needed a copy of my divorce decree, notarized tax forms and copy of my passport showing I had traveled to Morocco and met my fiance. They told him "If she loves you she will send these papers. Bring them and we will give you the Visa." I sent them, he went back for next meeting and now they say that all the papers I sent must be signed by the U.S. Government. What does that even mean? Which part of the Government and why did no one ever tell me this before? My feeling is that they are giving an excuse to say no to him. I am beside myself with worry and have no clue what to do now. I am trying to plan some sort of wedding and I just need my man with me. Can anyone out there PLEASE help me?

Why don't you just go there and marry him. Then come back and file all the necessary paperwork.

Because she cant come back with him to the US and tell the INS officers at the port of entry "oh we got married, let us in".
    It doesn't work that way. She would have to come back or stay with him and file papers there to bring him to the US.

Lisa, maybe a lawyer could help you more.

Good luck!

Lisa,

I just spoke to a lawyer yesterday about processing a green card through the Moroccan consulate, as my husband is in Morocco now. The attorney is in NJ. If that is convenient for you, I can give you his contact information. An attorney is your best bet for getting everything sorted out as quickly as possible.

If you don't mind, I have a question for you--how long has the process taken you so far? When did you file the paperwork? Other than this request for papers signed by the government, has everything gone smoothly? I'd appreciate any information you can give me.

Hi! Thank you for your response. Good luck with your situation.
    I started the process in October and the only snag we really had was getting the Photo of my fiance the correct size and the first approval was sent to the consulate in London. But all else went well and he was approved.
    I am working on trying to find real people to speak to rather than automated options..GRRRR.
    Thank you for offering the Lawyer but I am in New York.
    Were you married in U.S. or Morocco? It is a beautiful place, don't you think?
    E-mail me : matsubishu@aol.com and keep me posted on your situation and let me know if I can help you.
    Lisa

have you called the consulate directly? Sometimes it makes a difference when the actual US citizen calls.

Also if possible, can you go to the interview with him.

Morocco is a Muslim/Arab country and let's face it, we know the climate of that here.

So if you can, call or go over yourself, that may be helpful.

Goodluck