free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Backlog Processing Center

Does anybody know, if there is a phone retrievel system or a webpage that allows to check the progress of a case number that is filed with the "new" backlog reduction center?

Does anybody know, if there is a phone retrievel system or a webpage that allows to check the progress of a case number that is filed with the "new" backlog reduction center?

can you first tell us about this backlog center and specify what type of application you are talking about?

There is no special number or website to call for the new center. It is just their method of centralizing applications and spreading the load across regional centers.

I would suspect that if your case has been moved there, it is going to languish for quite a while as they work on new cases and ignore the old ones for statistical purposes. This is a direct result of their "Backlog Elimination Plan" which uses the # of cases in backlog as it's perfomance metric instead of 'mean processing times'. So old cases are going to sit (as they don't increase in number that way) while the newbies are processed. At least that is my understanding/opinion.

ARQU

Thanks ARQU
    The cases were supposed to be worked on a "first in first out" basis. Do you think they would get away with holding old cases back? Well, I guess they would since it is the gouvernment *G*
    So far I wasn't able to find one straight answer regarding the efficency of the two centers.
    May I ask you on what experience your opinion is based on?

Have a great day

Have a look at the "Backlog Elimination Plan" memo and status reports that are posted on the INS website. Read it and see what you think - I think it is very clear what they are doing. It is a case of smoke and mirrors which any 'statistics major' would laugh at. It is very clear that by changing the metric they are using to judge the success of this strategy to # of cases instead of mean processing times, that it is in their best interests to 'shelve' old cases and get to them when they can.

I have no direct inforamtion that this is the case, my experience is based on the fact that I have been waiting for an I-751 to be processed since 2002. Wheras folks who submit their cases in 2004 are already being processed. In some areas, the turn-around time for processing is only weeks, not months.

So basically, my experience is purely anecdotal and not based on any inside info...

Others may be able to provide more specific insight if you were to share more details about your particular application.

ARQU

Well, I guess the usual story...
    I started the progress in april 2001, filed a ETA 750 form in California (under the life act), got transfered to the regional office in July 2003 and now got the receipt note from the Dallas backlog center end of december 2004.
    Guess I'm lucky, tho.... at least they didn't loose my case...

I filed a simple AOS based on marriage in 1999. Still waiting to get to the end of the whole process - slowly turn the wheels of Gov't!

ARQU

1998???? I assume you filed in CA, TX or NY..?
    A buddy of mine filed in Cali in 1998 and had the final interview in 2000. I think it took him close to 3 yrs. But that was before 9/11.

I am dealing with VSC (Vermont) and filed in NJ

Here is a high level:

Marriage/AOS Filed - July 1999.
    AOS Interview - Oct 2000.
    Filed I-751 Oct 2002.
    I-751 Approved June 2004.
    New pics & approval givento local DSC June 2004.
    Still waiting for GC to be printed and mailed..

ARQU