Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: immigration forms and documents

hi,

i am from Austria and i entered the USA on a B2 visa. i am right now in the USA - Las Vegas - and married a couple of weeks back an USC. we are filing the I-130 package - I-485; I-131; I-864; I-765; G-325(for me and my wife). 1) do i need a police clearance from back home for filing or later when i have to go to the interview? 2) how long approximately does it take till all is approved? 3) do i file all form at the same address? no one was able to answer that question for me.
    i hope that someone can help me. THX

hi,

i am from Austria and i entered the USA on a B2 visa. i am right now in the USA - Las Vegas - and married a couple of weeks back an USC. we are filing the I-130 package - I-485; I-131; I-864; I-765; G-325(for me and my wife). 1) do i need a police clearance from back home for filing or later when i have to go to the interview? 2) how long approximately does it take till all is approved? 3) do i file all form at the same address? no one was able to answer that question for me.
    i hope that someone can help me. THX

Hello ,

After you filed all the forms you get a appointment for finger printing.You don't have to file nothing for you wife,she is the US citizen and your sponsor.Yes after about 2 years or more you will get the appointment for the interview(I-485)and you have to go with your wife together.About the filing location please go to USCIS.com and there you found all the information you need.I did the whole thing on a US consulate in Europe the second time and everything was done in only 5 months.Had to do that in order to file the I-601 hardship waiver.
    Good luck and if you got more question,please feel free to ask.Hope I could help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
    hi,

i hope that someone can help me. THX </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In order to find out how long it will take, click on the processing time in the blue box on the left of the screen. choose the service center where you will send your forms. (check the area where you live and select the service center. This will be the processing center for your forms. then check i485 based on family. it will tell you approximate processing time for your application. Your file will be checked for completeness and your local office will do an interview. again the processing times will be listed for local office processing. timeframes are location driven. the whole process may take 6 months, or it may take 18 months. all depends on where you live and how long the name check /background check will take.

Yes all your forms will be filed as a complete package. visit visajourney.com . there are helpful instructions for filing if you need help.

it will be helpful if you have a police clearance. but you dont need it to file the forms for right now. of course uscis will do a background check themselves.

In addition, you will need to have a medical i-693 before the interview.

Congrats and good luck.

Thank you for your help. first we wanted to go thru an attorney but now we do it ourselves. i just want to get it right the first time. i have some more questions:
    1) does my wife has to file I-130 and also G-325 for herself? all the other documents i have to fill out and file together with hers.
    2) do you have any idea how long it takes till i can go and work? she is the only one working? i hope that it does not take 6 months.
    3) when i file the forms do i have to send at the same time all the evidence - phone records, shared bills, tickets stubs, e-mails, letters, ...... - of prove that we know us since 3 years? or do i have to bring it when we have to go to the interview?
    4) does USCIS will inform me when i have to go for medical and also fingerprints?
    5) how about my social sec. number? do i get one or do i have to go and apply for one too and where?
    thx again for your help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM2003:
    Thank you for your help. first we wanted to go thru an attorney but now we do it ourselves. i just want to get it right the first time. i have some more questions:
    1) does my wife has to file I-130 and also G-325 for herself? all the other documents i have to fill out and file together with hers.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Yes all your forms will be filed as a complete package. visit visajourney.com . there are helpful instructions for filing if you need help</span>

2) do you have any idea how long it takes till i can go and work? she is the only one working? i hope that it does not take 6 months.
    <span class="ev_code_RED">check the processing time for i-765 on the chart at left as i explained</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">every service center has different processing times of forms based on where you reside</span>
    3) when i file the forms do i have to send at the same time all the evidence - phone records, shared bills, tickets stubs, e-mails, letters, ...... - of prove that we know us since 3 years? or do i have to bring it when we have to go to the interview?

<span class="ev_code_RED">All evidences are sent with the applications. copies and bring original to interview.</span>
    4) does USCIS will inform me when i have to go for medical and also fingerprints?

<span class="ev_code_RED">uscis will inform of fingerprint and you will have to bring medical. medical has expiration. so you can wait a little bit on that.</span>
    5) how about my social sec. number? do i get one or do i have to go and apply for one too and where?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Uscis will take care of informing you of this</span>
    thx again for your help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">you are welcome. </span>

Hi,

i am sorry if i ask too many questions. but i just want to avoid any delays by missing documents.
    1) does it make any difference when i am not married 2 years yet? i guess it just means that shortly before the 2nd anniversary i have to file again to remove the conditional status to a permanent.
    2) regarding the I-131. that is the document that allows me to leave the country just in case i need to go home. do i have to inform someone when ever i have to leave the country or is it just a form i have to carry with me and present the officer in charge?
    3) i tried to figure out if i need to send also a police clearance? i do not have one i have to get one.
    4) i have to send my documents to Chicago and then my local office in Las Vegas will work on my inquiry? or how does it work exactly?
    5) USCIS will tell me when i have to do the medical and the fingerprints?
    6) i was under the impression that i have to bring the photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs to the interview.
    thx again.

Hi,

i am sorry if i ask too many questions. but i just want to avoid any delays by missing documents.

1) does it make any difference when i am not married 2 years yet? i guess it just means that shortly before the 2nd anniversary i have to file again to remove the conditional status to a permanent.

<span class="ev_code_RED">It doesn't make a difference how long you have been married, if under 2 years you will receive the condional G/C, if you have been married over 2 years by the time you get your Interview you should receive the 10 year G/C</span>

2) regarding the I-131. that is the document that allows me to leave the country just in case i need to go home. do i have to inform someone when ever i have to leave the country or is it just a form i have to carry with me and present the officer in charge?

<span class="ev_code_RED">The I-131 is a travel document which you will need to carry with you if you leave the country, but this document is not assurance that US Immigration will let you back in, did you overstay your B2 visa, if you did, dont even bother leaving the US till you have your greencard in hand.</span>

3) i tried to figure out if i need to send also a police clearance? i do not have one i have to get one.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Once you have sent your documents to Chicago, you will receive I-797C Notice of Action for the I-130, I-485, I-765, and if you do sent the I-131 for that too, a month or 2 after that you will receive a notice to go for Fingerprinting & Photo that will be in the form of I-797C ASC Appointment Notice, so there is no need for you to obtain police clearance from your own country, USCIS will do this via the FBI</span>

4) i have to send my documents to Chicago and then my local office in Las Vegas will work on my inquiry? or how does it work exactly?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Once Chicago has received and dealt with them, they will be sent on to your local office</span>

5) USCIS will tell me when i have to do the medical and the fingerprints?

<span class="ev_code_RED">I had my medical done before I sent the package, so I could include it with my other documents, but it's up to you if you want to wait until you get an RFE from USCIS, and yeas your fingerprinting appointment will come to you via Mail from USCIS </span>

6) i was under the impression that i have to bring the photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs to the interview.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Take to the interview as much evidence as you can</span>

thx again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thx for the reply.
    1) when i send my forms and the required evidence do i need to send photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs... too?
    2) i found a form for vaccinations. do i need to get all these vaccinations too and submit it with my medical?
    3) G-325 form: do i have to fill out all 4 copies? does my wife - USC - have to fill out the form too?
    4) which forms does my wife have to fill out? I-130, G-325, I-864 is that correct?

thx for your help.
    FM

Thx for the reply.
    1) when i send my forms and the required evidence do i need to send photos, e-mail correspondents , bills, letter, tickets stubs... too?
    2) i found a form for vaccinations. do i need to get all these vaccinations too and submit it with my medical?
    3) G-325 form: do i have to fill out all 4 copies? does my wife - USC - have to fill out the form too?
    4) which forms does my wife have to fill out? I-130, G-325, I-864 is that correct?

thx for your help.
    FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">ok, this is what I did, but it is up to you what you send...

When I sent in my forms, I included a contents page and a covering letter, this is how my contents page was..

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Copy of Birth Certificate - (USC's name)
    Copy of Passport - USC
    Copy of Marriage Certificate
    Copy of Divorce papers - (both USC & Alien)
    Tenancy Agreements in both names
    Car Title in both names
    Affidavits from third parties (I sent in 4)
    1 photo of USC
    1 photo of Alien

I-864 Affidavit of Support

Tax returns including schedules for last 3 years

I-485 Application to Register Perm. Res. or ADj. Status

Copy of Birth Certificate (Aliens name)
    2 Photos of Alien
    I-693 Medical Examination
    Copy of I-94
    Copy of Passport (Alien)

G325A Biographic Info

4 copies for USC (name)
    4 copies for Alien (name)

I-765 Application for Employment Authorisation

Copy of I-94
    2 photos of Alien
    previous Employment Ref. (you dont have to include these)
    -----------------------------------------------------------

As for the I-693 Medical Exam, if you can get a hold of your vaccination card, take it to the exam apptment with you, I had to have the tb test, a tetanus shot, and the MMR shot as I didn't have my records with me, also you may have to have the shot for Varicella (chickenpox) I managed to prove that one.

Yes you both have to send in 4 copies each of the G325A

Yes you wife does the I-130, I-864, and G325A

clip all paper work together that goes with each form, DO NOT USE STAPLES
    put each photo in a small clear plastic bag and clip it to relevant form

then send the whole lot up to Chicago, then you just wait for your 797C Notice of Action.

hope this helps you out, if you need any more help ask away!

</span>