Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB2 or EB3 ??

Hi

I am planning to apply my Green card. However I am a bit confused which category will I fall to ? EB2 or EB3 ?

As per my job requirement details, it is as below:

i ) Bachelor degree in technology related field.

In the detailed experience seeked, it says as below:

i) Five years of experience with installing, maintaining servers.
    ii) Three years of practical experience in routing and network security.

I have more than 5 years of working experience (which they seeked) before I started this job.

Under which category will it fall under, EB2 or EB3 ?

Thank you

Hi

I am planning to apply my Green card. However I am a bit confused which category will I fall to ? EB2 or EB3 ?

As per my job requirement details, it is as below:

i ) Bachelor degree in technology related field.

In the detailed experience seeked, it says as below:

i) Five years of experience with installing, maintaining servers.
    ii) Three years of practical experience in routing and network security.

I have more than 5 years of working experience (which they seeked) before I started this job.

Under which category will it fall under, EB2 or EB3 ?

Thank you

EB3, I believe. EB2 is for people with advanced degrees and exceptional abilities in science, art or business.

http://www.messersmithlaw.com/green-card/eb3.html
    EB3 Employment Based Green Card
    EB3 Green Card Details

The EB3 employment based green card is for professionals who hold a US baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent degree that is normally required for the profession. Education and experience may not be substituted for the degree.

The EB3 employment based green card is also for skilled workers and other workers who are not seasonal or temporary and require at least two years of experience or training as well as other workers are those who are capable of performing unskilled labor, not of a temporary or seasonal nature, for which qualified workers are not available in the US.

In order to obtain permanent residency through the EB3 category, the applicant must have an employer willing to sponsor him or her through labor certification or PERM. The applicant does not have to be employed when labor certification/PERM is filed. A job offer is sufficient. Labor certification/PERM is the process whereby, the US government determines whether qualified US workers can fill the open position. Once the labor certification is approved, the employer may sponsor the applicant for permanent residency.

The EB3 process is as follows:

The employer performs the labor certification or PERM process;
    The employer sponsors the employee for a green card; and then
    The employee adjust his or her status to permanent resident.
    For whom is an EB3 Green Card appropriate?
    Professional, skilled and other workers who have a job offer from a US company and their immediate family members.

What are the requirements for obtaining an EB3 Green Card?
    Professionals: defined as a member of the professions who holds a baccalaureate degree. Members of the professions include, but are not limited to architects, engineers, lawyers, physicians, surgeons, and teachers in elementary or secondary schools, colleges, academies, or seminaries. It also includes any occupation for which a US baccalaureate degree (or foreign equivalent) is the minimum requirement for entry into the occupation.

Skilled workers: defined as a person, who at the time of petitioning, is capable of performing skilled labor, requiring at least 2 years training or experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature, and for which there are no qualified workers available in the United States. Relevant post-secondary education may be considered as training for the purposes of this provision.

Other Workers: defined as a person who is to perform unskilled labor, requiring less than two years training, not of a temporary or seasonal nature, for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.

Yes, the above information is 100% accurate. I have worked on Immigration forms and have done many labor certifications with a 100% approval rate under an excellent immigration attorney. You will qualify under EB3 unless you get a Master's Degree.

Please feel free to check out my website, maybe I can help you out.

www.munozservicios.com
    Document Translations
    Immigration Applications
    Interpretation Services
    Notarizations

Someone12
    I have a question....with 10,000,000 Americans unemployed and no doubt many in the IT field, why the eff should we hire some jagoff from ***phhuque for 60 cents on the dollar???? Companies are supposed to make a good faith search for qualified Americans before hiring aliens.......keep jobs in America, for Americans!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    I have a question....with 10,000,000 Americans unemployed and no doubt many in the IT field, why the eff should we hire some jagoff from ***phhuque for 60 cents on the dollar???? Companies are supposed to make a good faith search for qualified Americans before hiring aliens.......keep jobs in America, for Americans! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me pose a question. Of the ten million Americans unemployed, how many are trying to get jobs? Scale down that figure by half, S12. We have lazy Americans in this country that want to live off the government. They don't want a job. They'd rather sit on their fat lazy a.sses and collect unemployment. Believe me. I've witnessed many who have no incentive to work. It's pretty sad, but we need people to fill the jobs. How are we supposed to fill the gap? Take a good look around you for once. And get a clue. We're not living in a fantasy world anymore. The youth of America are the laziest bunch you will find. Entitlement is what they feel and they aren't going to fill the jobs that are necessary to keep our country on top. What's the answer?

One thing you may want to consider is also the time line taking in getting a PR in EB2 vs EB3. EB3 takes longer and especially for some back logged countries to the extent of 10 or more years.

Based on the job description given by you, this will fall under EB3 category only.

Thanks

Someone12
    Ole ProudUSC stands ready to sell out her American citizen brethen in favor of any dooshbag from another country...kind of like RG [who often posts his view of why we should legalize half the planet), owner of some 'garment factory'[which we all know by another name] whose spouse is an immigration attorney....what a combination! Proud tries to tell us how lazy Americans are, how illegals are sooooo hard working and soooo good at their jobs compared to Americans...except, of course, Proud no doubt believes she is a much harder worker, as do immigration attorneys and sweat shop owners.....what an odd coincidence....so few 'hard workers' and so many lazy ones...newsflash...EB3s are supposed to fill SHORTAGES, in areas where are there are NO American workers to do the job...which, in today's economy is distinctly unlikely.
    So let's give Proud a round of applause for her willingness to sell out her fellow citizens in favor of cheap labor, and here's to immigration attorneys who do the same....what?? no one is clapping?????