free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AASYLUM immigration Juge

I recently got a letter form INS refering my case to the immigration Juge. How it is like coming before a juge does that mean you are deported? I recieved TPS but letter from the INS stated I don have TPS,did not registered. I do have TPS issued last year to Liberian. I don understand. My lawer was not very help ful from day one of my case. On my application there was TYPO up to the day I was interviewed. My driver licence has been supended twic before. for traffic violtion in the past. no DWI, felony nothing on my record. please give me some advice. I don want to return home , it is dangerous .

I recently got a letter form INS refering my case to the immigration Juge. How it is like coming before a juge does that mean you are deported? I recieved TPS but letter from the INS stated I don have TPS,did not registered. I do have TPS issued last year to Liberian. I don understand. My lawer was not very help ful from day one of my case. On my application there was TYPO up to the day I was interviewed. My driver licence has been supended twic before. for traffic violtion in the past. no DWI, felony nothing on my record. please give me some advice. I don want to return home , it is dangerous .

it means that deportation proceedings are inititated against you. you will be informed for the date of appearance in court.It does not mean that you are deported, its just a start of deportation.
    Looks to me that you missed the chance to register for LIberia Last registration time was between 8/6/03 to 10/6/03. if you didnot register that time then you will be put into deportation proceedings. here is the link.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/tps_libe.htm
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

I did register for the Tps in late dec I spoke with the INS officer and I was was given a card with valid date to work. explian the circunstance while I did not made it on time .I got mwork authorization and Tps pepers. with this identification recieved it is not valid?

Did you remember your date of registration? Any proof if you register before oct6th 1993?
    If yes then you can show the proof Or write to Immigration court so that the letter your received will be terminated.
    IF you register in Dec then dater for registration was expired on OCt 6th 2003, in this case you have no point to argue.
    EAD is different issue.

I did not registra with in the time frame. I live two hours away from the cities for some reasons I was in school it slipped by.
    My girlfriend and I filed for marriage licence before this letter is it ok we go ahead and get married. we had file for our mariage licence before all of this?

Whatever reason, You didnot registered, USCIS is not wrong.
    you should file For I-130 ASAP with INS( marriage based) While you go to court in front of IJ ,you can explain that you are married to USC /LPR and You will file I-485( intend to file 485) to adjust your statusonce its approved.( you will not be able to file Both concurrently because of jurisdiction)
    Based on that you will not be deported but You will get another date because you have I130 filed and INS Only have jurisdiction over I-130, once its approved then you will file 485 in court( because INS Lost the adjudication power over 485 once your case is in court) and Judge will adjust you in court.
    You have to follow this procedure.

well it is not a fake marriage either but I understand your advice. it is a sound judgement.
    any other comment or advise is welcome
    thansk
    God Bless you Mohan

Where I question your marriage?
    "Whatever reason, You didnot registered, USCIS is not wrong" Means that if INS send you letter to see judge, they are not wrong issuing the letter,because you didnot register. If you have any explaination to give , you can present to IJ.
    We don't have any discussion regarding marriage or if the marriage entered in good faith or not. I don't need to know if its fake or real. its your case man. you know better. I just gave my openion. take it or leave it. its open discussion. If you think I,m wrong then explore a bit more and found out the right way.....LOL
    Based on what you have written I wrote my answer and explain it to you. I Never questioned any one for Fake marriage Or real marriage( not my way to help others, I hardly give negative comments, unless I got picked on)

Don't forget the request for a good faith marriage exemption/waiver - you married after you were placed in proceedings. The fact that you applied for the license before will help.