publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Hello Can somebody tell me what to do?

Hello, I don`t know if I will be able to find any advice here. I have got married 4 years ago in the USA, I have 4 years old son and still not have done my papework. My husband is american citizen, my son is, my aplication for work permit was denaid, week ago I had interview with immigration about my aplication I 485 and still nothing is done, what i gave them is not enough. My husband is not rich and does not make enough money to suport me so his parents are suporting us. I cannot go back to Czech Republic where I am from, I have stemp in my passport that I cannot travel. So I cannot travel, work help to my husband and I guess I have to wait. I wanted go someny times back to my country becouse I am very unpatient person, but my husband does not want to go live there and he does not agree to take our son with me or it is call kidnaping. We got married in good faith, we never had a lawyer to help us with my papework and I guess that is where we are. I came here on beginning like turist I met him, I have got pregnet and we decidet we will got married, we live together 4 years and this is still not enough proof that we are together. I just don`t understand how come that people who are staing in the USA illegally get green card like nothing and who apply from the beginning legally have to wait. I cannot cannot help to my husband have better living and our son is payin for it. It is here a way to help or just wait until...desition will be made.Please can I find help we don`t know what to do. During time here I lost my passport I have report from the police, now it is not enough that I don`t have original I 94 that I entered to the country, so I have to aplly for I 102, I have copy of my lost passport with stemp and date of entry. Until this interview I did not know I need it. They now about us 4 years, if there would be something wrong, why they would let me stay? Do you now how long we still have to wait?

Hello, I don`t know if I will be able to find any advice here. I have got married 4 years ago in the USA, I have 4 years old son and still not have done my papework. My husband is american citizen, my son is, my aplication for work permit was denaid, week ago I had interview with immigration about my aplication I 485 and still nothing is done, what i gave them is not enough. My husband is not rich and does not make enough money to suport me so his parents are suporting us. I cannot go back to Czech Republic where I am from, I have stemp in my passport that I cannot travel. So I cannot travel, work help to my husband and I guess I have to wait. I wanted go someny times back to my country becouse I am very unpatient person, but my husband does not want to go live there and he does not agree to take our son with me or it is call kidnaping. We got married in good faith, we never had a lawyer to help us with my papework and I guess that is where we are. I came here on beginning like turist I met him, I have got pregnet and we decidet we will got married, we live together 4 years and this is still not enough proof that we are together. I just don`t understand how come that people who are staing in the USA illegally get green card like nothing and who apply from the beginning legally have to wait. I cannot cannot help to my husband have better living and our son is payin for it. It is here a way to help or just wait until...desition will be made.Please can I find help we don`t know what to do. During time here I lost my passport I have report from the police, now it is not enough that I don`t have original I 94 that I entered to the country, so I have to aplly for I 102, I have copy of my lost passport with stemp and date of entry. Until this interview I did not know I need it. They now about us 4 years, if there would be something wrong, why they would let me stay? Do you now how long we still have to wait?

Your husband needs to get a second job and you need to get legal advice. Some lawyers give you a consultation for free, so check that out. Most will take payments.

I think you needed to file an I-130 first or at the same time as the I-485. Once that is accepted, you can get a work permit. Go to USCIS website and look up what you need for proof that you are married and living together. (ie tax returns, pictures, marriage license etc). It will also give you other information. You can also go to the Dept of State Website. Find your passport. Go to you consualte and request a new passport. You should have reported to them that it was lost. Are you a refugee?

Apply for your child's documents.

If your husband cannot support you, there could be a problem. Your in-laws may have to file the support documents.

We all go through the same thing - the expense and the waiting and the paperwork. Some people on this site have waited years at great personal and financial expense to stay. It is just the way it is - the grass always appears greener on the other side. Get all you ducks in a row and get in line.

Hi Uraganos,

do you know why your work permit was denied?

When did you file for adjustemnt of status (I-130 and I-485)?

You say the supporting document you submitted with I-485 were not enough? Were you told to send some more evidence? Like missing I-94? What kind of evidence? Or you were told to wait for a decision?

You also say you lost your passport, and that you have/had a stamp in the passport that you cannot travel. How it happen that you were given that stamp and by who?