free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marriage Fraud

My father married a women from Russian a few years ago. He just recently died, while going through his personal papers we found that he lied on a number of forms and applications to get the K-1 Fiance visa for his new wife. Basically ne says that he met her while doing business with her father which was not true, he met her on one of those online sites for foreign women to find husbands. We found a number of emails and letters that are all lies he told to the US and Russian Embassey and Immigration to get her visa. He was having problems getting this one in since, the first one from Russia he married, left him after 2 years. We did not think much about it until we were all given letters from his Mutual Fund that she was getting 100% of his Mutual Fund due to an oversight in the application process. We are going to court to get the money turned over to the court so she does not get it and take it back to Russia. We don't know what to do. My father left a large mortgages, taxes, bills, and credit cards still to be paid. If she gets all of his money, the estate will not be able to pay his debt and in death my father will be bankrupt, which if he was alive he would never have tolerated, he prided himself with his good credit. In any case, we don't know what to do. This women has a fraudulent marriage and it should be anuled so that she does not get all of his money. We were told my our lawyer that the INS will not do anything until she comes up for her final hearing next year. That will be too late. If there is anyone out there that could help with this we would really appreciate it.

My father married a women from Russian a few years ago. He just recently died, while going through his personal papers we found that he lied on a number of forms and applications to get the K-1 Fiance visa for his new wife. Basically ne says that he met her while doing business with her father which was not true, he met her on one of those online sites for foreign women to find husbands. We found a number of emails and letters that are all lies he told to the US and Russian Embassey and Immigration to get her visa. He was having problems getting this one in since, the first one from Russia he married, left him after 2 years. We did not think much about it until we were all given letters from his Mutual Fund that she was getting 100% of his Mutual Fund due to an oversight in the application process. We are going to court to get the money turned over to the court so she does not get it and take it back to Russia. We don't know what to do. My father left a large mortgages, taxes, bills, and credit cards still to be paid. If she gets all of his money, the estate will not be able to pay his debt and in death my father will be bankrupt, which if he was alive he would never have tolerated, he prided himself with his good credit. In any case, we don't know what to do. This women has a fraudulent marriage and it should be anuled so that she does not get all of his money. We were told my our lawyer that the INS will not do anything until she comes up for her final hearing next year. That will be too late. If there is anyone out there that could help with this we would really appreciate it.

Hi Getherout and welcome to the forum,

What is your stepmom's current status? Does she have her 10 year Green Card?

Sorry you and your family are going through this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by getherout:
    My father married a women from Russian a few years ago. He just recently died, while going through his personal papers we found that he lied on a number of forms and applications to get the K-1 Fiance visa for his new wife. Basically ne says that he met her while doing business with her father which was not true, he met her on one of those online sites for foreign women to find husbands. We found a number of emails and letters that are all lies he told to the US and Russian Embassey and Immigration to get her visa. He was having problems getting this one in since, the first one from Russia he married, left him after 2 years. We did not think much about it until we were all given letters from his Mutual Fund that she was getting 100% of his Mutual Fund due to an oversight in the application process. We are going to court to get the money turned over to the court so she does not get it and take it back to Russia. We don't know what to do. My father left a large mortgages, taxes, bills, and credit cards still to be paid. If she gets all of his money, the estate will not be able to pay his debt and in death my father will be bankrupt, which if he was alive he would never have tolerated, he prided himself with his good credit. In any case, we don't know what to do. This women has a fraudulent marriage and it should be anuled so that she does not get all of his money. We were told my our lawyer that the INS will not do anything until she comes up for her final hearing next year. That will be too late. If there is anyone out there that could help with this we would really appreciate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Research here:

http://www.ukrconsul.org/consu...ish/marriage_en.html

My prayers Are On your Side. Do Not Give Up!!! Research!!! Know Her full Name??? her parents Names???
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

This women has been here for a little over two years now. She has one more hearing to go to next year to get permanent status her. That is when immigration will hear from us, that is when we may present our proof about the fraud, unfortunately we don't have that much time. We know her full name, that she was divorced once before she married my father. Her father is living in our house with her now waiting for her to get the mutual fund. He has been her since a few weeks after my fathers death. I even paid for his ticket to get him here for her. She had us fooled, we thought she cared for my father, she only cared about his money. Once again, is there an agency we can contact that will look into this before it is too late.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by getherout:
    This women has been here for a little over two years now. She has one more hearing to go to next year to get permanent status her. That is when immigration will hear from us, that is when we may present our proof about the fraud, unfortunately we don't have that much time. We know her full name, that she was divorced once before she married my father. Her father is living in our house with her now waiting for her to get the mutual fund. He has been her since a few weeks after my fathers death. I even paid for his ticket to get him here for her. She had us fooled, we thought she cared for my father, she only cared about his money. Once again, is there an agency we can contact that will look into this before it is too late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Are Your Own Best weapon!! Are You certain she was divorced??? Research!!!!! www Is Your best Tool! google every name! Attack The consulate in Question! The K1 paperwork??? Biometrics??? Seek Uk.com. .Org .Net!!! Her Fathers Name??? Seeeeek????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

My father married a women from Russian a few years ago. He just recently died, while going through his personal papers we found that he lied on a number of forms and applications to get the K-1 Fiance visa for his new wife. Basically ne says that he met her while doing business with her father which was not true, he met her on one of those online sites for foreign women to find husbands. We found a number of emails and letters that are all lies he told to the US and Russian Embassey and Immigration to get her visa. He was having problems getting this one in since, the first one from Russia he married, left him after 2 years. We did not think much about it until we were all given letters from his Mutual Fund that she was getting 100% of his Mutual Fund due to an oversight in the application process. We are going to court to get the money turned over to the court so she does not get it and take it back to Russia. We don't know what to do. My father left a large mortgages, taxes, bills, and credit cards still to be paid. If she gets all of his money, the estate will not be able to pay his debt and in death my father will be bankrupt, which if he was alive he would never have tolerated, he prided himself with his good credit. In any case, we don't know what to do. This women has a fraudulent marriage and it should be anuled so that she does not get all of his money. We were told my our lawyer that the INS will not do anything until she comes up for her final hearing next year. That will be too late. If there is anyone out there that could help with this we would really appreciate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, so how is this a fraudulent marriage on her part when your <span class="ev_code_RED">own father</span> lied on the application to USCIS? And if your father was in debt, a lot of debt, I do not think she will get much, if anything at all. Under most state laws, she may be held liable for the debt too, or at least some of it. If she is not going to get anything, I do not think you will too. You may have thought your father was to leave you a large inheritance, but now that you are finding out that he was in debt, maybe you are expressing your anger at the woman he married instead of your father.

You will have to prove that she coerced your father into lying on the forms. If there is a will, you could contest it, but it will get dirty. Be prepared to defend not only your accusations, but your motives. ANd it is logical for her father to come here and stay with her after the death of her husband.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Let the creditors know about the mutual fund. They will file liens against it. Your lawyer should have filed for probate. Assuming there was no will that would be the next step. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Davdah,
    When someone passes away, an estate lien is already filed on any and all property. The question is whether the father had a trust set up or a will. If a will, more than likely it will be probated. The other question is who is the executor. If no will and assets are worth more than $10000 in most states, some at $20000, then probate will still be necessary. He really needs to see a probate attorney.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

This women has been here for a little over two years now. She has one more hearing to go to next year to get permanent status her. That is when immigration will hear from us, that is when we may present our proof about the fraud, unfortunately we don't have that much time. We know her full name, that she was divorced once before she married my father. Her father is living in our house with her now waiting for her to get the mutual fund. He has been her since a few weeks after my fathers death. I even paid for his ticket to get him here for her. She had us fooled, we thought she cared for my father, she only cared about his money. Once again, is there an agency we can contact that will look into this before it is too late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather interesting. How did the father get approved to get here? What type of visa and is he an overstay now? I am surprised that he was approved because he has immigrant intent.

My father left a will, she was not in it, he left his property to me and my brothers, which includes the house she is living in. The mutual fund is not part of his estate according to our estate lawyer. Since she was not part of the estate she does not have to pay for the estate debt, we do. With the mutual fund we can pay the estate debt. If she gets it she will not. We can't even put the house up for sale to pay down my fathers debt because she is homesteaded. However, we have found a great deal of info in emails how they cooked up this whole sceam to get her into this country and that he actually sent her ALOT of money before they even met...does this qualify her has a FRAUD yet?