free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why the wait so long now

hello. my family and i have been planning a move to arizona for 18months.we currently live in the uk. i had to pass an nclex exam to practice nursing. yesterday i was informed i had passed and everything was good. now i have just been told that we could be another 2 yrs before we get there !! what has happened to the system ? we are so dissapointed its untrue, we havent even been scheduled an appointment at the embassy yet anyone got any ideas ??? look forward to reading your posts on this subject

hello. my family and i have been planning a move to arizona for 18months.we currently live in the uk. i had to pass an nclex exam to practice nursing. yesterday i was informed i had passed and everything was good. now i have just been told that we could be another 2 yrs before we get there !! what has happened to the system ? we are so dissapointed its untrue, we havent even been scheduled an appointment at the embassy yet anyone got any ideas ??? look forward to reading your posts on this subject

I read that it takes more than a year to get a US passport for foreign travel even for American citizens. It looks as if the entire system is breaking down under the enormous weight of the multiple time-consuming security checks at every step of the process.

thankyou for your reply byasha. we hold uk passports and were offered jobs in az. they are our sponsers and they are paying for all the paperwork. they say the medical system needs nurses fast but 2 years doesnt seem so fast !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaznjant:
    thankyou for your reply byasha. we hold uk passports and were offered jobs in az. they are our sponsers and they are paying for all the paperwork. they say the medical system needs nurses fast but 2 years doesnt seem so fast ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Medical system needs nurses, many large US companies wouldn't mind having a greater access to foreign workers but, unfortunately, the US immigration system does not seem to serve the needs of the country. I don't know who they work for, but the way the do things at that agency (whatever they call themselves these days) does not seem to benefit the people of this country.

Ever since 9/11, things have slowed way down due to so many security checks. It's very frustrating, but it's the price we pay for keeping this country safe.

thankyou herbit. we are law abiding english people who have been security checked ! fbi fingerprinted ect ect. have just recieved my licience to practice in az as a nurse today in the post... what a kick in the teeth that is ... really dont know what to do next ? have sent all the info required to cgfns ana carried on with our process but wonder if now there is another way to go around this visa prob ????

Welcome to the Legal Immigration mess! Many in US does not differentiate clearly between Legal immigration and Illegal Immigration and out of the some who understand, hardly a few understand between Family Immigration and Employement Immigration categories.

What you are talking about is the Employement Immigration mess. If your company is going to apply a work visa (H1B), they now have to wait till next April to apply for you. With only 65,000 new H1B visas can be applied for an year and the people applied is far exceeding the limit, the USCIS came up with an innovative idea of selecting applicants through lottery!

If you are fortunate enough, you may be able to come and work by next October / November

I also want to warn you now itself that if you are married and your spouse is going come here in a dependent visa (H4), she will be stuck with no option to work and earn wages legally.(I strongly oppose doing anything illegally.)

If you want to become a permanent resident, please see the current Visa bulletins to know that current processing dates are in stone age for EB3. (If you happend to be a Schedule A working it is still worse).

This is the main reason why many skilled workers are relectent to come to US now a days.

Please be aware of all the above and weight the pros and cons before trying to immigrate to US.

All the best.

Sounds like the OP has applied for a GC, EB3, long long wait.

I thought it wqs more than 2 years:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3800.html

I think you just have to wait. That's all I can do too. In my situation I was told that I would have to wait atleast 6 months before I could call in and find out what's going on. I'm on month 3. Hopefully I wont have to wait much longer. Good Luck!