50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Lawsof the land........

I have great respect for America....All the laws r just so right but the one thing I am very dissapointed with is that why is a green cardholders life messed up just because he has a green card......What I mean to say is that my lover has a green card n I cannot marry him.......the minute I do I cannot step into America for four years till he becomes a citizen.......why is that so......why r the rules so rigid for green cardholders?????.the only way that I can come into this country is as a tourist or on an H1 if someone sponsors me......I am just a graduate n that seems to be quite unlikely in this time of recession......Do u have a solution to this problem?????? Can someone help me out???????

I have great respect for America....All the laws r just so right but the one thing I am very dissapointed with is that why is a green cardholders life messed up just because he has a green card......What I mean to say is that my lover has a green card n I cannot marry him.......the minute I do I cannot step into America for four years till he becomes a citizen.......why is that so......why r the rules so rigid for green cardholders?????.the only way that I can come into this country is as a tourist or on an H1 if someone sponsors me......I am just a graduate n that seems to be quite unlikely in this time of recession......Do u have a solution to this problem?????? Can someone help me out???????

test

Congress has mandated that there are a limited number of immigration visas allowed to be issued annually for spouses/children of legal permanent residents (LPR's). There are more people who want them than there visa "slots". So, there is about a 4 1/2 backlog. Solution? There is a "V" visa, a special non-immigrant visa that allows an LPR's spouse to come to the US while waiting for a visa slot, but the petition has to have been on file for at least 3 years.
    Spouses & children of LPR's often have difficulty getting tourist visas because they have something called "dual intent." That is, they want to immigrate, but to qualify for a tourist visa (to the US) an applicant must overcome the presumption that he or she is an intending immgrant (and will therefore depart the US after a brief visit). Sadly, because of blatant abuse by tourist visa holders who are spouses of LPR's, newer spouses find it very difficult to get a tourist visa. So, one must generally wait or find some other legal way to go to the US---not always easy. Practical solution: ask Congress to dole out more immigrant visas! Why instead do they pass 245(i) which allows a bunch of illegals to pay a mere $1000 and stay in the US? Makes no sense.