50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: visa stmped

On sep. 2001, I received my approval from the INS for the change of status from TN (expired) to an H4 visa (expires in 2003) my husband is an H1B holder. The questions are: If I need to go to my Country for a couple of days and come back to the US: 1) do I need to stamp the new visa on my passport? If so, 2) can I do it here within the US before I leave? 3) Where do I need to send my documents? If not, 4) do I need to do it in my Country? 5) Is there a risk that at the Consulate in my Country can deny stamping my visa even though I've got my papers of the approval? Thank you

On sep. 2001, I received my approval from the INS for the change of status from TN (expired) to an H4 visa (expires in 2003) my husband is an H1B holder. The questions are: If I need to go to my Country for a couple of days and come back to the US: 1) do I need to stamp the new visa on my passport? If so, 2) can I do it here within the US before I leave? 3) Where do I need to send my documents? If not, 4) do I need to do it in my Country? 5) Is there a risk that at the Consulate in my Country can deny stamping my visa even though I've got my papers of the approval? Thank you

I would say you need to go to an US consulate outside the US to get your visa stamped. If you could get it in your country depends on where you are from, it is usually the best thing to go to the canadian or mexican consulate and get your stamp, otherwise it could be denied. Your chances are good to get your stamp but I would advise not to live the country at all if you don`t really have to.

Yaman, thank you for your replay.
    Does somebody know if I can I send my papers (passport, approval, etc.) by mail to the US Embassy in Mexico (my Country) to get the visa stamped instead of going myself to Mexico, and getting back same via? thanks

cc