50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Tired of being in the US illegally

Hello, My friends family immigrated to the US from Venezuela probably around 1992, Although their nationality and background is Middle-Eastern. Since they don't have an American Passport, it is hard for them to do anything. My friend and I went to Golds Gym to work out one day, and they would not allow him in as a guest due to the fact he had no State Identification. I asked him "Why not just apply for citizinship?" and he told me that "Since we been staying illegally since 1992, we are afraid of getting deported, we cant go back to a third world country after being blessed by the United States for almost 14 years" His father owns a business in a resort, Giftshop, all three of his siblings, two brothers and one sister, attend college, One is at DeVry University going for his Bach. in Networking and Communications Managment, and the other at University of Central Florida going to become a Dentist, and the other two at Valencia Community College.

So, I asked him since they are here illegally for 14 years, But have been paying taxes and getting an American education, why would you be denied and deported? Now, I'm sure you are all wondering why wait 14 years to get a GC? He doesn't know, and his father feels like a failure to his wife and kids for not being able to live a normal life. Before 9-11, Getting a licence to drive and I.D. was no problem for them. The two oldest siblings (24,23) had both. Once 9-11 hit and their licence expired, since proof of citizinship is required now, they are driving with an expired licence. As well as the father and mother, considering that they both were legal to drive in the DMV once.

I have known this family for almost 10 years, throughout their stay in the States. Three of the brothers have been incarcirated and charged with a couple of charges. The youngest at the age of 15 (19) was charged with one count of Misd. Battery, and Felony Battery, Served three years on probation and completed it successfully. He now attends a University and is running his fathers business. The other two siblings have a couple of charges, but no felonys, I believe they were aswell Battery charges and some misd. drug charges, I believe like possession under 20 grams for marijuana. But nothing really serious against the United States of America, Just another kid living the rough road of life learning from mistakes as they grow older into grown respectable men.

I am just trying to help a very nice, sweet family in establishing their residency in anyway. Is it too late for them? Is there anything that they can do to achieve a GC? They have been living in the States for over 14 years with their heads low scared to death that they might be caught one day and deported back to the third world countries they dread going back to. America is the land of dreams to everyone, This is all that they are trying to achieve, The American Dream.

Please Reply anyone with any information I can rely to this family.

Thank you.

P.S. The Family's Nationality is Middle-Eastern. The youngest of the siblings was born in Jerusalem, Israel, and the other three siblings in Venezuala. The Father in Jerusalem, Israel, and the mother in Damascus, Syria. All have Venezualen passports so I figure their considered Venezualen?

Hello, My friends family immigrated to the US from Venezuela probably around 1992, Although their nationality and background is Middle-Eastern. Since they don't have an American Passport, it is hard for them to do anything. My friend and I went to Golds Gym to work out one day, and they would not allow him in as a guest due to the fact he had no State Identification. I asked him "Why not just apply for citizinship?" and he told me that "Since we been staying illegally since 1992, we are afraid of getting deported, we cant go back to a third world country after being blessed by the United States for almost 14 years" His father owns a business in a resort, Giftshop, all three of his siblings, two brothers and one sister, attend college, One is at DeVry University going for his Bach. in Networking and Communications Managment, and the other at University of Central Florida going to become a Dentist, and the other two at Valencia Community College.

So, I asked him since they are here illegally for 14 years, But have been paying taxes and getting an American education, why would you be denied and deported? Now, I'm sure you are all wondering why wait 14 years to get a GC? He doesn't know, and his father feels like a failure to his wife and kids for not being able to live a normal life. Before 9-11, Getting a licence to drive and I.D. was no problem for them. The two oldest siblings (24,23) had both. Once 9-11 hit and their licence expired, since proof of citizinship is required now, they are driving with an expired licence. As well as the father and mother, considering that they both were legal to drive in the DMV once.

I have known this family for almost 10 years, throughout their stay in the States. Three of the brothers have been incarcirated and charged with a couple of charges. The youngest at the age of 15 (19) was charged with one count of Misd. Battery, and Felony Battery, Served three years on probation and completed it successfully. He now attends a University and is running his fathers business. The other two siblings have a couple of charges, but no felonys, I believe they were aswell Battery charges and some misd. drug charges, I believe like possession under 20 grams for marijuana. But nothing really serious against the United States of America, Just another kid living the rough road of life learning from mistakes as they grow older into grown respectable men.

I am just trying to help a very nice, sweet family in establishing their residency in anyway. Is it too late for them? Is there anything that they can do to achieve a GC? They have been living in the States for over 14 years with their heads low scared to death that they might be caught one day and deported back to the third world countries they dread going back to. America is the land of dreams to everyone, This is all that they are trying to achieve, The American Dream.

Please Reply anyone with any information I can rely to this family.

Thank you.

P.S. The Family's Nationality is Middle-Eastern. The youngest of the siblings was born in Jerusalem, Israel, and the other three siblings in Venezuala. The Father in Jerusalem, Israel, and the mother in Damascus, Syria. All have Venezualen passports so I figure their considered Venezualen?

Someone12
    so what do we say to those waiting their turn to immigrate legally to the US??.."too bad ****ers, we would rather reward visa cheats or border jumpers?""
    I say send each and every one of these scam artists back to wherever they came from. We should not reward those who show no respect for our laws. These irresponsible cheats only want to "make things right" AFTER they get into the US using fraud or by jumping the border - they don't want to play by the rules at the outset, so I say eff em and the camel they rode in on.

Okay, I thought this was a Mature forum. Someone12, That is not right to judge people without knowing them. Please do not make ignorant comments like that about a race or about anybody. Be mature, dont be scum.

Anyways, I spoke to them again, and they informed me that when they first arrived they did apply for papers. Although, at the time they were in New York, and in New York their family friend was living there and suggested that since they were going to live in Florida, that the process down there takes almost 3 times the time to process. So they put the address on the applications under his address. So they moved hoping their long-time family friend would keep them informed, and they later on called to find out what was going on, and the man had moved. So the letters from the agency telling them to come in and go through the process of getting a GC, were going to this address but to another resident and not the family friend. By the time they found out about this, it was too late.

Someone12, please do not comment if you have some negative to say. This forum is a serious matter for people and you are being immature and a racist. Leave that for kiddie forums please. Thank you...

Someone with an educational answer or comment please reply.

As Lolita says, check with a lawyer. Usually, the only way for someone who entered legally to adjust would be through marriage to a US citizen. However, the arrest records for the children, especially the drug charge, could make even this difficult. Furthermore, as they are Middle Eastern, there's the issue of whether or not they registered during Special Registration a couple of years ago. If they didn't, that's one more strike against them.

Thanks for replying Lolita and aliba... What is this Special Registration? How about the felony battery charge for the 19 year old sibling? He commited this at the age of 15, most of the charges these siblings have on their record was at times of a minor. Does that matter? The age you were when you commit a crime? Because if you are a minor and commited these crimes but you successfully completed your court orders, shouldn't those be exempt?

lilpimpmomo: I'm neither a lawyer nor an expert on this issue. However, if the family are Venezualan citizens, then, I believe, their ethnic ancestry is irrelevant as it concerns Special Registration. It is my understanding that country of citizenship is the deciding factor.

The criminal charges certainly are a serious issue. The fact that the crimes were apparently committed while the subjects were minors is, to the best of my knowledge, irrelevant for immigration purposes.

Drug-related convictions are ALWAYS serious, and almost invariably make a person permanently ineligible for residency.

Battery is a crime of violence, and it would appear that members of this family are quite adept at battery. Crimes of violence are also a major problem for immigration cases.

You assert that the family have been in America for fourteen years, keeping "their heads low scared to death that they might be caught one day." Given that, according to your previous statements, three members of the family have been in jail and another was on probabtion for three years...can you please let us know what kinds of criminality might occur if they ever decide to raise their profile?

Thanks for replying SunDevilUSA.

You mentioned that if they are tryin to keep a low profile, why they would go out and get in trouble. Living as a teenager these days is hard, im sure you know or have heard. Although, living in America you tend to adapt some cultures and tend to sometimes get in the wrong crowds that they never were around back in their country. Kids will be kids you know. It was not like they were trying to intentially try to get in trouble. I did not quite understand your question though, if you can revise it so I can ask the family. "can you please let us know what kinds of criminality might occur if they ever decide to raise their profile?" Thanks.

Multiple felony battery & drug charges? Missing special registration? You can pretty much forget trying to legalize without having to exit the country first.