publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How long till approved for GC + travel?

I have been waiting to get approved for a GC for a month and a half now. Me and my husband had an interview on October 30th and were told that we'll get an answer/letter with decision in 2 weeks. We have not heard anything back yet. Should I be worried? My case status for permanent residency still shows "Received and Pending". Another thing I am not so certain of anymore is if my I-131 is still valid as a travel document. The expiration date for it is May 2009 so technically it shouldn't be a problem but it makes me worried that I haven't heard anything back. I wish to visit my parents for Christmas and not sure if it's such a good idea anymore since I haven't got a YES or a NO. Do you guys think that I'm just paranoid and need to chill out or that I should actually get some answers before leaving the country.

Thank you!

I have been waiting to get approved for a GC for a month and a half now. Me and my husband had an interview on October 30th and were told that we'll get an answer/letter with decision in 2 weeks. We have not heard anything back yet. Should I be worried? My case status for permanent residency still shows "Received and Pending". Another thing I am not so certain of anymore is if my I-131 is still valid as a travel document. The expiration date for it is May 2009 so technically it shouldn't be a problem but it makes me worried that I haven't heard anything back. I wish to visit my parents for Christmas and not sure if it's such a good idea anymore since I haven't got a YES or a NO. Do you guys think that I'm just paranoid and need to chill out or that I should actually get some answers before leaving the country.

Thank you!

Still valid. On issue will be if you are denied before you leave, but CBP does not check for that stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mariin:

Thank you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Are you adjusting your status through the I-485 or through the I-751 or throgh the I-140? And as long as you have a valid I-131 for advance parole during adjustment of status process, it should not be a problem. However, if you stay too long in the foreign country and USCIS sends you another notice for more evidence or similar action, it may jeapordize your petition process.

Or if you think all the necessary information has been submitted, you are probably stuck in FBI name check.

Depending on which
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

I am adjusting status through I-485. We were planning to stay out of the country for only 10 days. I was also wondering if there is a number or someone I can contact to find out exactly why it's taking longer than I was originally told? If my case turns out to be rejected while I'm out of the country will I be able to return?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mariin:
    I am adjusting status through I-485. We were planning to stay out of the country for only 10 days. I was also wondering if there is a number or someone I can contact to find out exactly why it's taking longer than I was originally told? If my case turns out to be rejected while I'm out of the country will I be able to return? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You can check your status by calling USCIS customer service toll free number or you can make an info pass appointment if your case is overaged. For example, if you had the interview and the immigration officer stated it would take 60 days to make a determination and it has been more than 60 days, you could make an info pass appointment.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre