50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens to my ex husband permanent greencard after divorce?

I petitioned my ex-husband and after our interview his status jump to permanent resident. Now that we are divorced can I still take that green card back or will he still need anything from me when he decided to renew his green card or file for citizenship? He also owe me arrears on child support and he also have not followed the court ordered payment schedule regarding the division of property. Will he be required to pay the full amount of 15K and the child support arrears before he can renew or do anything?

I petitioned my ex-husband and after our interview his status jump to permanent resident. Now that we are divorced can I still take that green card back or will he still need anything from me when he decided to renew his green card or file for citizenship? He also owe me arrears on child support and he also have not followed the court ordered payment schedule regarding the division of property. Will he be required to pay the full amount of 15K and the child support arrears before he can renew or do anything?

well, that is life . Sorry about your ex-husband .H will have to pay you back what he owes in child support ,if he is the father . I think the best thing to do is resolve the problems without going to Court . after all , if he is the father of your children , you guys need to be friend . About taking his green card back , don't do it . how is that going to help you ? evil for evil doesn't work . It is better to pay good for evil . Iam sure in a couple of years of before you will find somebody else , so don't live on hate . There is always a significant other waiting for somebody

Report his fraudulent marriage to USCIS.

How is that going to help ? what she needs is for him to pay the child support , If he gets deported that won't happen . Besides after he becomes a permanent resident there is no way of taking his green card , if you committed fraud , both of you will end up in jail .what about your children ? are you going to take away their Dad just because he doesn't want to be with you anymore .Forgiveness is the key word .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MJthree:
    I petitioned my ex-husband and after our interview his status jump to permanent resident. Now that we are divorced can I still take that green card back or will he still need anything from me when he decided to renew his green card or file for citizenship? He also owe me arrears on child support and he also have not followed the court ordered payment schedule regarding the division of property. Will he be required to pay the full amount of 15K and the child support arrears before he can renew or do anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immigration and civil court have nothing to do with each other. Why would you want to take his permanent residency away? What good does that do?
    All the other issues you addressed need to be solved through the court. If the court decided he owes child support and you have an order for it AND he doesn't make any effort to pay, he is in contempt of court. Depending on how the Judge sees it your ex can either be held responsible for it or new arrangements are made for him to pay.
    Same with the property.

But again, this has nothing to do with his immigration, two separate things. His immigration status and/ or if he applied for naturalization shouldn't be any of your concern anymore. That he takes care of his child/ children though is your concern and can be solved through the court/ child support enforcement, etc.

Good luck, that can be a pain in the butt!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    Report his fraudulent marriage to USCIS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why was the marriage fraudulent? Who said that?

Someone12
    just when did fredy become an expert on US immigration law? He's too busy peeking under the cassocks of 12 year old altar boys....

The law is very simple,

NO, he has earned his green card and as u took advantage of him where he has been a husband and father, I am 100 % sure that U turned his life upside down, He owes you nothing but paying him back the time u lived with him in his good days and now turnin the game back by the name of your american dream. Bear in mind that U the one who married him, u the one who signed off his petition so the only Fraudulent subject we have here is U.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MJthree:
    I petitioned my ex-husband and after our interview his status jump to permanent resident. Now that we are divorced can I still take that green card back or will he still need anything from me when he decided to renew his green card or file for citizenship? He also owe me arrears on child support and he also have not followed the court ordered payment schedule regarding the division of property. Will he be required to pay the full amount of 15K and the child support arrears before he can renew or do anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. Seems a couple of people have extraordinary powers and can see everything that goes on in a complete strangers life. LOL.

MJThree - if he has his 10 year green card, then you're pretty much out of luck. The only way for him to lose that is if he commits any crimes or you can prove that your marriage was fraud. For that, you need extremely strong evidence. You can't just call them and say "I think it was". Like family court judges, immigration have heard everything, particularly when it comes to divorce and all the bitterness that goes along with it.

As far as the child support, division of property etc - it's completely separate to immigration and they can't enforce it. If he's not living up to his side of the bargain, you need to go back to your lawyer and have him brought back before the court.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch