50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Removal Proceedings/Immigration Court

My i601 just got denied and I do not intend to appeal it to the AAO. I expect a denial of my i485 in a few days.

How soon from the denial of my i485 can I get sent a Notice to appear or be put in proceedings?

And can I apply for Adjustment of Status on the same day of the NOA.

My i601 just got denied and I do not intend to appeal it to the AAO. I expect a denial of my i485 in a few days.

How soon from the denial of my i485 can I get sent a Notice to appear or be put in proceedings?

And can I apply for Adjustment of Status on the same day of the NOA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oneluv:

I had mine within about 4-6 wks.

And can I apply for Adjustment of Status on the same day of the NOA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

No, you cannot apply to adjust status. Your application was denied.

In removal proceedings you can request that the hearing officer adjust you to permanent resident based on some sections of the law. However, you must show that USCIS made an error of law or fact.

Thanks federale86, So do I make this request on the same day of the Notice to Appear for a master hearing and what is the process and timeline from then?

No, you make a motion in immigration court. However, your motion will be denied unless USCIS has made an error of fact or law. So your attorney must have a well reasoned and supported motion for the hearing officer.

And you don't make those motions on the first day. The first day is just to schedule further hearing for arguements of fact and law.