50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Parents Green Card

I am an US citizen and I will file for my parents to immigrate to the US. My father is currently in the US and my mom is in China (she could not get a visiting visa for no reason). Did anyone have the experience applying for parents in two countries? How can I get this going as one case? Thanks a lot.

I am an US citizen and I will file for my parents to immigrate to the US. My father is currently in the US and my mom is in China (she could not get a visiting visa for no reason). Did anyone have the experience applying for parents in two countries? How can I get this going as one case? Thanks a lot.

I'm sorry to hear that your mother is having difficulty getting a visit visa depite the fact that her husband and child (a U.S.C) are here -
    thats America immigration 4 you. However, there is no way you can combine your father and mother's petition as one. Seperate petitions are required for immediate relatives of U.S.C and even if your mother has a minor child (even as young as 6 months old), and if that child is not a U.s citizen, that child will not be allowed to accompany your mother here. A seperate petition will be required for the child which could take 10 years (if you petition) or 7 years (if your mother petitions after she gets her green card). Thats how complicating the U.s immigration laws
    are and nothing would be done to address this issue except we all start contacting our congressmen to improve some of these laws.
    So just file an immigrant petition for your mother and hopefully, she would be able to get her green card soon as an immediate relative of a U.S.C but I hope she doesn't have any minor children who is not a U.S.C because that would create tremedous hardship.