50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I-130 filed before April 30, 2001 and still pending. What should I do now?

My husband came to the US about 17 years ago and he EWI. I filed a peption for him in 2004 when we got married, and he has an interview scheduled in Mexico next month. Surprisely we found out yesterday that the I-130 petition his sister(USC) filed on April 23, 2001 is stil pending and according to 245(i), he can actually do the adjustment of status in the US (I-485). I would like to know if it's okay to have two parties petitioning him for GC. Is I-130 his sister filed is still valid and can he benefit under 245(i)?

My husband came to the US about 17 years ago and he EWI. I filed a peption for him in 2004 when we got married, and he has an interview scheduled in Mexico next month. Surprisely we found out yesterday that the I-130 petition his sister(USC) filed on April 23, 2001 is stil pending and according to 245(i), he can actually do the adjustment of status in the US (I-485). I would like to know if it's okay to have two parties petitioning him for GC. Is I-130 his sister filed is still valid and can he benefit under 245(i)?

Thank you! Can I file I-485 before getting I-130 approved?

I don't think he/she can file for I-485, unless the Petition is approved.

Second the beneficiary is out of United States in Mexico.
    Will appreciate your comments.

which state? do u have receipt?
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Only if your married

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by traveler:
    Only if your married </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd be able to hand in everything together. The 2nd I-130, I-485 with 245i and affidafit(s) of support.

Good Luck!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moondancefish:
    My husband came to the US about 17 years ago and he EWI. I filed a peption for him in 2004 when we got married, and he has an interview scheduled in Mexico next month. Surprisely we found out yesterday that the I-130 petition his sister(USC) filed on April 23, 2001 is stil pending and according to 245(i), he can actually do the adjustment of status in the US (I-485). I would like to know if it's okay to have two parties petitioning him for GC. Is I-130 his sister filed is still valid and can he benefit under 245(i)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you file going the 245i route, I believe you have to prove that the I-130 filed before December 21, 2001 was in fact approvable, regardless of whether it was denied or revoked at a later date.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

It's not ok to have two parties petitioning. My father petitioned for me in 2004, but I got married to a USC last year. When I was filing for adjustment of status, I was told by a USCIS officer that my dad's petition would be void once my husband files a petition for me. You should make an infopass appointment to be sure.