free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need to file a Re-entry form to travel if I have a GC

I have a Permannet GC through my husband. Do I have to file a Re-entry permit to travel? My passport from my nationality country is still valid.

I have a Permannet GC through my husband. Do I have to file a Re-entry permit to travel? My passport from my nationality country is still valid.

It depends upon how long you plan to be out of the U.S. for and the nature of your absence. More details needed...

If your country Passport is valid, and your travel is less than 6 months, you do not require to apply re-entry permit. On retrun, show your Passport and green card will be fine. But if you travel more than 6 months abroad, you need to apply re-entry permit

I am gonna be out of the US for about a months just for visiting my parents. So I just need to show them my passport and my GC? What if I want to visit my country again but my passport is already expired? Do I need re-entry permit at that time?

No re-entry permit required for a one-month trip. Passport and GC are all that you need. If your passport is going to expire, renew it before it does. Otherwise, you need a travel document (I-131).

Happy travels.

If you are a GC holder, you do not need to travel with an advance parole. You are free to travel anywhere. However, you should not depart for periods longer than six months.

Thuyanh, you don't have to file for a Re-entry permit. As long as your passport is still valid then you'll be fine, remember to bring your greencard with you. That's what i did when i went back to vietnam last year.
    Have a nice trip,

Whenever your Passport expires, just go to your Embassy or Consulate near your place of residence and get it renewed. You do not need re-entry for less than one year trip.

Thanks a lot guys. I have another question. My sister has a F1 visa but it is expired a year ago. Can she travel to CANADA? We are planning to drive there. Some of my fiends told me that they only check your driver lisence. Is it true?