Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Preference 2B - Waiting Time

Dear all,

I have the following details, any help would be greatly appreciated. It's as follows:

"On November 16, 2006, we have mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you recieve the notice, call customer service."

I found the above by entering my reciept number on the USCIS site. Anyway, I was told that my priority date is 15 DEC 2005.

How many years do I have to wait? Just can't figure out the Visa Bulletin, so unpredictable. It's currently 01 NOV 2000, does it mean I have to wait 5 Years and 1.5 Months? Can it be shorther? I mean this year my category is flying compared to previous years. Does the 2009 CIR impact the Speed?

Would President Obama be able to speed up things in that category? I'm already 31, and my life has been basically on holld for years, can't even look for love and get married. I hope the marriage policy would be changed, unless this process is much faster/ Any Advice? Hope to hear some good news.

I just hope I can immigrate to the USA within 2 years...

Ziad

Dear all,

I have the following details, any help would be greatly appreciated. It's as follows:

"On November 16, 2006, we have mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you recieve the notice, call customer service."

I found the above by entering my reciept number on the USCIS site. Anyway, I was told that my priority date is 15 DEC 2005.

How many years do I have to wait? Just can't figure out the Visa Bulletin, so unpredictable. It's currently 01 NOV 2000, does it mean I have to wait 5 Years and 1.5 Months? Can it be shorther? I mean this year my category is flying compared to previous years. Does the 2009 CIR impact the Speed?

Would President Obama be able to speed up things in that category? I'm already 31, and my life has been basically on holld for years, can't even look for love and get married. I hope the marriage policy would be changed, unless this process is much faster/ Any Advice? Hope to hear some good news.

I just hope I can immigrate to the USA within 2 years...

Ziad

Ziad just ask yourself one question.... Is it worth to moving to the U.S for you maybe u should abandon the application and get on with your life. You are looking at ten years minimum from the sounds of things nothing to suggestion the dates will move month for month is there?

Actually, if u haven't noticed. My category is jumping months almostr each month lately. Where did you get 10 years? I've already waited almost 4 years. I'd say maximum 2-3 years. please don't reply unless you have correct info. to provide.

Ziad

I never looked at the cateogry but by your own words Ziad it is going to be a minimum of 5 and a half years making it 2014 and u will be 37 years old. There is no chance of Obama getting immigration reform through with countless Americans out of work nothing will change. Besides Ziad there is nothing to suggest it wont retrogress again back to 99 or whatever so yes it could be ten years u dont know that i dont know that. So again is it really worth it for you. Thats a fair question

Ziad, nobody can tell you when your priority date will become current. It may be 3 or 10 years... Sometimes it moves fast, sometimes it does not move, sometimes it retrogress...

Would it help if your petitioner becomes US ciziten? Have you looked into that?

Thank you for your reply all. Nothing is gonna make me cancel this petition, even if it takes 10 years, I know it won't take that long. Not even 3-5 years. Are you guys lawyers?

Anyway, my mom is the petitioner. My aunt applied to the whole family in the F4 Preference. That date became current early 2001. I was already almost 23, so was not eligible anymore. I don't think she qualifies for citezenship yet, since she hasn't stayed more than 6 months each of the last 4 year. I'm not sure about Naturalization requirments.

I asked earlier if you guys are lawyers because Mr. Ron Gotcher from http://immigration-information.com/ mentioned something that makes sence. It's as follows:

"It's hard to say how long you will have to wait. A lot of people in your category are getting converted over to F1 as a result of the naturalization of their parents. There has been a big upsurge in naturalizations over the past few years, so you can expect to see a lot of people drop off the rolls ahead of you. Also, when people get married, they lose eligibility and many get dropped for this reason also".

"I suspect that at the end of the day, you are probably looking at another two years".

He is a professional lawyer, and I think I believe his statement more that your's. He also mentioned that he expects that CIR will be finalized by the end of this year, or as early as september.

You guys mentioned that Visa Bulletin is likely to retrogress. I don't see any signs of that. You should look how it's been moving so smoothly in the last couple of years. I think it remained stationary for one month end of last year.

Ziad

Your aunt needs to stay in the states Ziad again I am not an expert I am not a lawyer but it does look like she is risking being accused of Abandonment of her green card status through constantly being out of the country if she is accused of abandonment then she could be placed in deportation proceedings she needs to watch out for that but like I say i am not an expert

My Aunt is a USC since 1989... she petitioned for my mom. my mom is the green card holder since 2005. My mom is the one not staying more than 3-6 months per year. She has her own lawyer, and she's not leaving more than 6 months at a time.

Ziad

Ok so your mum is your petitioner and she is leaving the U.S for 6 months per year? Is that correct. If that is correct and she were to be accused of Abandonment of her green card status and placed in removal proceedings as they can do then your petition to move to the U.S will cease to exist. You need to talk to your lawyer and your mum about possible abandonment issues. Why is she leaving the country for 6 months per year?