free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing Conditions on Green Card

I am a conditional permanent Green Card Holder married to a US Citizen.I had a 10yr multiple entry visitor visa for USA so we got married religiously in my home country & cam here & got married in court.I have to remove my cond. residence in Aug08.Me & my husband have been having problems & looks like he wants a seperation/divorce.I am very scared as I think this is going to affect my status as I do not think he will cooperate in removing my conditions at all.He has been asking for this for long time but I have not signed the papers or moved out because I feel that next yr in May 08 I will ask him to sign the papers to remove my conditions on green card & give him a divorce in return.It is unbearable to live together though so can I live out til next year without signing any legal papers?Can he use that against me saying"we were not living together" in case he rebels & does not help me with the removal of conditions( I am pretty sure he will).What advice would you provide keeping in mind my residence status as the top priority?

I am a conditional permanent Green Card Holder married to a US Citizen.I had a 10yr multiple entry visitor visa for USA so we got married religiously in my home country & cam here & got married in court.I have to remove my cond. residence in Aug08.Me & my husband have been having problems & looks like he wants a seperation/divorce.I am very scared as I think this is going to affect my status as I do not think he will cooperate in removing my conditions at all.He has been asking for this for long time but I have not signed the papers or moved out because I feel that next yr in May 08 I will ask him to sign the papers to remove my conditions on green card & give him a divorce in return.It is unbearable to live together though so can I live out til next year without signing any legal papers?Can he use that against me saying"we were not living together" in case he rebels & does not help me with the removal of conditions( I am pretty sure he will).What advice would you provide keeping in mind my residence status as the top priority?

If your marriage was in 'good faith', it should work out for you. You need to understand that there are alot of fraudulent marriages for Green Cards in the USA, so hopefully you can prove that this wasn't the case.

Hey I have an idea; why not ask him for his understanding and help???? Has any immigrant ever thought of this simple and obvious solution? Nah, they all rather go the scam route and cry abuse !

I think Sonof is partially right on this one. If your marriage was in good faith, you shouldn't have a problem. If it was only to get a green card to stay here, then good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnonymousClient:
    [QUOTE] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>]

I am sort of in the same situation.I am married to a US citizen.We got married after a particularly passionate period and got married rather quick.I applied for adjustment of status and got a conditional green card.We are set to apply for removal of conditions in february 2008.Things have however benn really bad between us in the last couple of months.She has basically turned me into a slave.She demands *** all the time,she has to approve everything i want to do,she demands my money and comes up with all kinds of expenses.She treatens me with divorce or separation each time i object to what she wants.Many times i have thought of giving up and saying F*#@ck the whole thing but guess what?
    If a separation or a divorce occurs right now and she does not co-operate with signing the joint form i-751 then things will suddenly be very hard despite having put up with so much SH%#@t.I have no choice.
    possibly one can still file thet form without the other but the level of evidence to get the conditions removed in thet case is murderous!
    There is Little choice .You have to hang on.Put up with him for the rtemaining time and meanwhile collect all bits of evidence.Pictures,bills etc. EVERYTHING.And prepare for the worst.If for some reason all that fails apply for a waiver at the correct time and bury the USCIS with a mountain of evidence.
    Its very sad but you know something.It is very risky to divorce or separate at this time.Stay the course however hard it is.Hope for the best and..PRAY.

get all information to prove good faith marriage ( financials, photos, affidavits, etc.), get a divorce and file the removal of the condition asking for a waiver based on the good faith marriage. If you married the citizen under a good faith basis and you have the evidence to prove it, you will have the condition removed. Get an attorney to help you with the case (not a notary!)

Here is my advice.
    Take the divorce and do not wait for it.Otherwise you will regeret it.If u know your spouse wants a divorce,get it now...don't think or hope till next year and for him to sign the papers...because what if u think he will and come 2008 he will say "NO" and then u are in a big big trouble...becaus ea divorce takes a while to be finale...and by the time u have to remove the conditions,you would still not be divorced and your spouse never signed the paper...and u can not remove the conditions at all,because U can only remove a condition if you are divorced aka have a finale divorce decree.

Now...if the marriage was real.No worries...let him start the divorce.And don;t worry.

Just remember U have to proof,when u file for a waiver your marriage and realationship was real and entered in good faith ONLY in other words FOR LOVE only.

So U have to establish the fact U guys were indeed in love and dated for a period of time and seen eachother often before getting married.Thats the part that would proof,u guys were really a couple and dated way befoe getting engaged and married....

then U have to establish the fact U guys lived as a married couple.Husband and Wife.
    Joint acocounts -bank,credit cards,store cards,joint tax returns,life insurance,health insurance,bills under same name and address,same drivers license address...being on the same leased...affadavits from family members and friends...that swear and attest your marriage was real and entered good faith.

Pictures.lots of pictures from trips,holidays,birthdays,family gatherings etc,wedding...pictures from dating period,marriage etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">HBKHBK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That was a very well reasoned response.
    and to davdah,please dont rush into judgement especially accusations of inpropriety.Dont assume things like that .This is not the only woman i dated in this country anyway.so much for that.Thanks anyway.

I want tto apply for I-751 waiver .I have a lot of evidence jointly but I don't have a lot of picture because my husband throw in the garbage my picture.Do you think they are going to approve my I751?