Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAWA and Annulment - Impact

Originally posted by davdah:
    A DUI isn't relevant to anything aside their driving record. Unless it involved a crime of moral turpitude, drugs, or prostitution. Then you might have something.

From my reading the give aways of a GC for the mere assertion of abuse is overstated. Just keep out of trouble and don't give her anything real to use against you. The more you mettle the more likely it will happen. You can't do much to stop it anyhow.
    I Read An Article Where any Misdemeanor Even DUI, Can Have An Impact? I Will Have To Try And Find It. Believe Me! I Stay Far away From Her/Them!!! Many Times They Attempted Their Deceitful Kindness To Draw Me In. I Didn't Take The Bait! THANK GOD! So Very Very BAD!!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Originally posted by davdah:
    If that was the case then you made the right decision. Keep a wide berth and your sanity. Aren't you the one where they were in the house you were paying for it? Your still not paying for it are you?
    NOPE! the reason for most of the problems. they lied about putting my name on the deed/title.

when i was forced out, no obligation to pay. they had plenty to pay the mortgage, utilities, etc. 12 people x $300 each. "4 Bedroom house"! thats why enough $$$ leftover to put volkswagon sized pig pitt in the backyard.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

OK Boys and Girls we have hope !!!! A case in Texas involves VAWA immigration fraud, an annulment was granted several years into the mariage and it withstood appeal, we finally have case law to refer to and use !!!! Spread this far and wide DO NOT file for divorce, go for an annulment !! http://texasfamilylawyers.me/2012/05...iage-annulled/

What is the impact on accused naturalized USC if VAWA petition filed by spouse is approved? what are the negative impacts on the accused? will the approved VAWA result in USC's federal USCIS file? will it have impact on accused USC's ability to sponsor GC for future spouse after remarriage?

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    OK Boys and Girls we have hope !!!! A case in Texas involves VAWA immigration fraud, an annulment was granted several years into the mariage and it withstood appeal, we finally have case law to refer to and use !!!! Spread this far and wide DO NOT file for divorce, go for an annulment !! http://texasfamilylawyers.me/2012/05...iage-annulled/
    I have read the case and it is not the panacea you are hoping it is.

For starters, from the very onset of the relationship, one party was constantly misrepresenting themselves in the relationship. From the determined facts: the immigration originally claimed he was living in Miami, Florida AND claimed he had a job as an engineer. They agreed to meet in the hometown of the girl. That did not happen and the immigrant confessed that he was not an engineer, but a student studying engineering while living in Bogota, Columbia. The immigrant then requested and she agreed to a meeting in Mexico. At that time, he propsoed and she said no. He demanded payment and she paid. But they continued their relationship. They met again in Bogota, Columbia and again he proposed. She accepted. The constant lying, manipulating, and arguments led the person to file for divorce while the immigrant filed for a VAWA. AS the evidence points out, and there was LOTS OF EVIDENCE, that an annulment was granted on the basis that the immigrant lied, minaipulated, and intentionally frauded the other person.

In other words, if an annulment was to work, you have to have significant evendence to prove the preponderance of your arguemnt. This is not the case with most divorces between the immigrant and the USC.

Below is the link to the case. Read it. All of it.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-...s/1598802.html
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre