50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: My cousin is getting deported

My cousin is at the monroe county sheriff's office awaiting deportation, she served a year in prison for aggravated assault.
    She hit some lady in the head with a bottle after the lady grabbed at her and made several comments that she would kill her, so my cousin protected herself.... obviously they believed the "american" woman rather than the one with the accent...
    what can we do to keep her here? she has no family where she's going, the country's economy ****s, there's no work or anything.... and is there a way to get her out on bond? I heard people get out on bond pending the outcome of the proceedings. also people get to leave on their own, could her case be one of them? we are trying to get her charge lowered to a misdemeanor and it seems the judge will do so next week... would that mean she wouldn't be eligible for deportation??
    any suggestions/opinions will be welcome.

My cousin is at the monroe county sheriff's office awaiting deportation, she served a year in prison for aggravated assault.
    She hit some lady in the head with a bottle after the lady grabbed at her and made several comments that she would kill her, so my cousin protected herself.... obviously they believed the "american" woman rather than the one with the accent...
    what can we do to keep her here? she has no family where she's going, the country's economy ****s, there's no work or anything.... and is there a way to get her out on bond? I heard people get out on bond pending the outcome of the proceedings. also people get to leave on their own, could her case be one of them? we are trying to get her charge lowered to a misdemeanor and it seems the judge will do so next week... would that mean she wouldn't be eligible for deportation??
    any suggestions/opinions will be welcome.

Michael
    How can you say she "protected" herself? You think its ok to hit someone with a bottle because of words? Your story alone shows she is guilty. It is illegal to hit someone with a bottle just because they said they would "kill her", supposedly. Your cousin could have left the bar, could have called the police or could have waited for the first strike. She did none of these reasonable actions. Get out GET OUT GET THE **** OUT !!!!!

Sorry to hear this. We all immigrants should lie low like an envelope, until we become USC. ANYTHING can get you deported.And I understand what OP says about accent.

When my USC spouse and I had a fight and we called cops, they did not listen to me; they even asked her whether she wanted me to spend the night there, yet I WAS PAYING THE RENT, and SHE HAD ASSAULTED ME. That was my welcome to America. I had not seen discrimnation so openly.

Everyone should remember that until you are USC, we dont belong here. Dont become yourself until you become USC.

Your cousin should have learnt where the lady lives, wait to become USC then go straight away and get her back. Seems kinda late at this stage esp when they charge her with assault because thats criminal.

"Your cousin should have learnt where the lady lives, wait to become USC then go straight away and get her back."

Great advice.
    Formerly Josephine Schmo

I'm sorry, I guess I should have included that she is a us "resident, but not citizen, she wasnt here illegaly...
    and the story was shortened.
    She wasnt in a bar, she did protect herself, and the lady who grabbed her and told her she'd kill her has a history of violence, where my cousin doesnt.

what county is she from?

i guess she pled guilty to a felon. which yes unfortunately gets you deported. only cuz ICE and others mainly concentrate on criminal aliens, not minimum wage working aliens. So she's kinda screwed. If she runs, the entire agency will go after, cuz criminal aliens are priority #1.

-= nav =-