publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Big Delay of EAD ( 4 weeks No receipt notice)

I mailed my i765 EAD application about 4 weeks ago and I'm yet to even receive a receipt notice.

I sent it by certified mail so i know they received it july 14th. I'm starting to worry a bit.

I know they av received a lot of application due to the hike in fees, but does anyone know if this is normal?

I mailed my i765 EAD application about 4 weeks ago and I'm yet to even receive a receipt notice.

I sent it by certified mail so i know they received it july 14th. I'm starting to worry a bit.

I know they av received a lot of application due to the hike in fees, but does anyone know if this is normal?

Yes, this is normal under abnormal circumstances. And yes, this is due to the attendant strain on the limited resources of the USCIS during this extraordinary time: large application volumes due to filing fee hike effective July 30 and probably also due to the employment-based EADs filed in the July 18 - August 17 window. But the USCIS promises to abide by the 90-day EAD issuance clock as per regulations, i.e. no matter what. So, let's see. But alternatively, you could monitor your payment thru your financial institution to at least obtain your USCIS-assigned case number.

This may serve as a bit of a consolation.

Thanks Rough-Neighbor.I just hope they will honor the receipt date being the day that they received the mail. Bcos my employer has already told me that i will not be able to work without a new ead card. And I have alot of bills...

I have been checking my account and they are yet to cash the check. I just hope I get it in time. it didn't used to take that long before.

Yeah, I understand, but it's not often that we see an across-the-board (and as massive) filing fee hike that coincided with the first-of-its-kind EB visa fallout like now. Was what you applied for an EAD renewal? If it was timely filed, why should your continuous employment be interrupted?

I sent it 2 and a half months before my present one expires. I never knew it was going to be like this. I have renewed my EAD a number of times and I thot I was going to be okay with time. Now I can only hope.