free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Husband AOS Approved!!!

Hello all,
    I tend to lurk here and I cannot tell you all how much help this site has been to me in filing for my husbands K-1 and subsequent I485, I765, and the thousand other forms that had to be sent & collected for our petition to be approved.
    I have been busy with Xmas which is why I didn't post sooner.

Here is our timeline & experience:

Petition for K-1 visa filed: April 28,2003
    K-1 petition approved: August 12,2003
    The approved petition sat in Nebraska until I called my congressperson 2 months later & it was sent to NVC & Frankfurt Consulate in Nov 03.
    Husband interviewed in Frankfurt: Jan 16, 04
    Husband approved for K1 admission: Feb 13, 04
    My husband entered US: Feb 23, 04
    We married: May 1, 04
    Filed the I485 Petition and got bad advice from the 800 line and sent it to Nebraska instead of our local office and had it returned on June 6.
    We refiled at local office immediately after and on 10-19-04 received notice to appear for interview 12-16-04.

For all of you that have to go through this, this is how it went.

Before going to the interview we organized all of the information into folders based on the info they wanted. We had folders for Birth Certificates, an extra copy of the 1-864, signed affadavits from friends, joint bills, our lease, anything and everything relating to our case.
    We even brought the wedding al***.

We went into the Indianapolis office.
    We waited for maybe 5 minutes and were called in. I was feeling pretty comfortable because we had all of our information and it was very organized.

When we entered the interviewers office.
    He asked my husband to spell his full name, list his parents names, list his birth place, his social security #, and his birthdate.
    He then asked how we met.
    He then asked a list of questions about if my husband would ever spy, and try to undermine the govt, etc....he was literally reading from a list. Then he asked if my husband had ever been deported.
    We admitted that he had been turned away in Dec 02, because an immigration officer in Philadelphia became suspicious of his repeated trips to the country (and my guess because he has a muslim name)and because he told the officer that his fiance lives here so they thought he was trying to immigrate even though he had never overstayed.
    I then told the interviewer that we went through a year long process to get his visa so that he could come back and in that time I travelled to Germany to see him (I showed him the pictures of him & I in Hamburg)and we spoke every day.
    He then asked for my husbands passport and checked to see if his fingerprints were o.k. in their computer system, then stamped his passport and told us that we would receive his greencard in 7-10 business days.
    I then asked if he would like to look at the wedding al*** because pictures are always fun to share and he smiled and looked through the al*** and sent us on our way.
    I have been so happy and relieved since then. It feels as though a boulder has been removed from our shoulders for awhile. And I am relieved that we have a year & a half off from the INS.
    I realize this is turning into a novel, but I just wanted to tell everyone that I don't think I could've gotten through all of the bureaucratic nonsense if it wasn't for the help of this siteand many of the helpful people on it.
    THANKS....AND WISHING A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!

Hello all,
    I tend to lurk here and I cannot tell you all how much help this site has been to me in filing for my husbands K-1 and subsequent I485, I765, and the thousand other forms that had to be sent & collected for our petition to be approved.
    I have been busy with Xmas which is why I didn't post sooner.

Here is our timeline & experience:

Petition for K-1 visa filed: April 28,2003
    K-1 petition approved: August 12,2003
    The approved petition sat in Nebraska until I called my congressperson 2 months later & it was sent to NVC & Frankfurt Consulate in Nov 03.
    Husband interviewed in Frankfurt: Jan 16, 04
    Husband approved for K1 admission: Feb 13, 04
    My husband entered US: Feb 23, 04
    We married: May 1, 04
    Filed the I485 Petition and got bad advice from the 800 line and sent it to Nebraska instead of our local office and had it returned on June 6.
    We refiled at local office immediately after and on 10-19-04 received notice to appear for interview 12-16-04.

For all of you that have to go through this, this is how it went.

Before going to the interview we organized all of the information into folders based on the info they wanted. We had folders for Birth Certificates, an extra copy of the 1-864, signed affadavits from friends, joint bills, our lease, anything and everything relating to our case.
    We even brought the wedding al***.

We went into the Indianapolis office.
    We waited for maybe 5 minutes and were called in. I was feeling pretty comfortable because we had all of our information and it was very organized.

When we entered the interviewers office.
    He asked my husband to spell his full name, list his parents names, list his birth place, his social security #, and his birthdate.
    He then asked how we met.
    He then asked a list of questions about if my husband would ever spy, and try to undermine the govt, etc....he was literally reading from a list. Then he asked if my husband had ever been deported.
    We admitted that he had been turned away in Dec 02, because an immigration officer in Philadelphia became suspicious of his repeated trips to the country (and my guess because he has a muslim name)and because he told the officer that his fiance lives here so they thought he was trying to immigrate even though he had never overstayed.
    I then told the interviewer that we went through a year long process to get his visa so that he could come back and in that time I travelled to Germany to see him (I showed him the pictures of him & I in Hamburg)and we spoke every day.
    He then asked for my husbands passport and checked to see if his fingerprints were o.k. in their computer system, then stamped his passport and told us that we would receive his greencard in 7-10 business days.
    I then asked if he would like to look at the wedding al*** because pictures are always fun to share and he smiled and looked through the al*** and sent us on our way.
    I have been so happy and relieved since then. It feels as though a boulder has been removed from our shoulders for awhile. And I am relieved that we have a year & a half off from the INS.
    I realize this is turning into a novel, but I just wanted to tell everyone that I don't think I could've gotten through all of the bureaucratic nonsense if it wasn't for the help of this siteand many of the helpful people on it.
    THANKS....AND WISHING A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!