50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 transferred to "speed up processing"

My I-130 for my spouse and stepchild was transfered from the Texas service center to Lincoln, Ne service center to "speed up processing." My I-130 is dated Sept 6 2001. Texas is processing cases dated 22 Aug 2001, so I thought I was finally getting close. I received a notice from Lincoln, Ne today saying they received my petitions and it is taking between 525 - 555 days to process this case!!! I called the 1-800 customer service number. The person that took my call couln't grap what I was trying to tell them, so I was tyransferred to an Immigration Officer. The officer stated that Texas was way behind and they were transferring a lot of cases. I expalined that if they had just left my petitions in Texas, they would probably be processed in a couple of months, versus 525 more days!!! He replied that is "how processing works sometimes" What kind of answer is that?
    My wife and and son have been here over a year on a K3 and K4 visa. The officer told me I could apply for an extension if the I-130's were not processed in time. I asked where I would file it and he said in Texas. I asked, even thought the case is now in Nebraska? He said yes, Texas. Not being satisfied with this I called back and spoke to a different officer. This time I was told to file the exstension in Nebraska.
    Does anyone know what really is correct. Also,
    when they transfer your case, does it go to the bottom of the pile in the new service center?
    Someone please respond.

My I-130 for my spouse and stepchild was transfered from the Texas service center to Lincoln, Ne service center to "speed up processing." My I-130 is dated Sept 6 2001. Texas is processing cases dated 22 Aug 2001, so I thought I was finally getting close. I received a notice from Lincoln, Ne today saying they received my petitions and it is taking between 525 - 555 days to process this case!!! I called the 1-800 customer service number. The person that took my call couln't grap what I was trying to tell them, so I was tyransferred to an Immigration Officer. The officer stated that Texas was way behind and they were transferring a lot of cases. I expalined that if they had just left my petitions in Texas, they would probably be processed in a couple of months, versus 525 more days!!! He replied that is "how processing works sometimes" What kind of answer is that?
    My wife and and son have been here over a year on a K3 and K4 visa. The officer told me I could apply for an extension if the I-130's were not processed in time. I asked where I would file it and he said in Texas. I asked, even thought the case is now in Nebraska? He said yes, Texas. Not being satisfied with this I called back and spoke to a different officer. This time I was told to file the exstension in Nebraska.
    Does anyone know what really is correct. Also,
    when they transfer your case, does it go to the bottom of the pile in the new service center?
    Someone please respond.

We were in a similar situation - notified that our children's I-130's had been transferred from Texas to Nebraska. We struggled to get any information from the customer service number - no help. However we did get approval notices a few weeks ago - about 4 months after the petitions were transferred. Only catch - we received notice from the Visa Center that it will still be several years before visa's are available.

One of our adult children is currently visiting us, and we hoped that she might be able to get an EAD until the visa becomes available. Unfortunately as far as I can tell, that doesn't seem to be an option either.

The I-130 I filed is for my wife and stepson, under 18. Are the children you are petitioning for over 21?

Yes, they are over 21. By the way, the person I spoke to when I called Customer Service told me that the transfer date from Texas to Nebraska would become the new priority date. Thank goodness she was wrong.

I'm sorry I'd don't know much about a spousal I-130.