free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of status and filling for taxes

I have been out of status for many years and my social security at one time was valid work only with immigration authorization . I need to file my taxes now because of some inheritance I received. I will be recveiving some 1099s. Do I run a risk of getting deported? Does IRS can track me down and report me to immigration?
    Anyone in the same postion as me have done it?? Please answer only if you know, no need for nastry answers.
    thanks
    J

I have been out of status for many years and my social security at one time was valid work only with immigration authorization . I need to file my taxes now because of some inheritance I received. I will be recveiving some 1099s. Do I run a risk of getting deported? Does IRS can track me down and report me to immigration?
    Anyone in the same postion as me have done it?? Please answer only if you know, no need for nastry answers.
    thanks
    J

Hi John100

They will track you down like an animal and wont stop until ur status is terminated. Naw just kidding. Had to get my nasty answer in

Currently at this time, Irs does not share info with Immigration.. however that may be change in the future.

You say you are have 1099's.. Are these 1099's from working or something relative to your inheritance? If relative to working/subcontract work.. and if the money made is a significant number the IRS will eventually be looking at you if you dont file.. for tax liability mostly due to self-employment tax.

Your inheritance most likely is only relative to your state reporting inhertiance tax return. not your Federal 1040. Now if your inheritance was quite large and you put it in the bank. Perhaps you are speaking about 1099b interest forms that will have to be reported on 1040.

You may not even have to file based on income. Check the income filing requirements for your filing status.

4Now:
    Turn your blasted Yahoo messenger on and join us in a chat

The
    1099s are inheritance related. I also would like to file self employement taxes. I am inheriting couple rental properties. I thought I would file taxes in 2004. What do you think?
    My social socurity is only valid for immigration authorization. Would that make them suspicious?
    thanks

They will track you down like an animal and wont stop until ur status is terminated. Naw just kidding. Had to get my nasty answer in

Currently at this time, Irs does not share info with Immigration.. however that may be change in the future.

You say you are have 1099's.. Are these 1099's from working or something relative to your inheritance? If relative to working/subcontract work.. and if the money made is a significant number the IRS will eventually be looking at you if you dont file.. for tax liability mostly due to self-employment tax.

Your inheritance most likely is only relative to your state reporting inhertiance tax return. not your Federal 1040. Now if your inheritance was quite large and you put it in the bank. Perhaps you are speaking about 1099b interest forms that will have to be reported on 1040.

You may not even have to file based on income. Check the income filing requirements for your filing status.[/QUOTE]

Hi John

1099's are inhertiance related.. but you do not say how. is it 1099S, 1099B?? The rental properties income if they are rented currently and you are receiving the income will have to be reported using a Schedule E on the 1040. If you did not receive income in 2003 it is not necessary to file.

Now when you say file taxes in 2004.. do you mean file for the tax year 2003 or are you talking about a future filing for taxyear 2oo4 which will occur between Jan/april of 2005?

What reason are you filing self employment taxes for... are you self employed in a business and/or receiving 1099 misc income?

Now I believe you have 2 different issues here. One is a state inheritance filing that you abosolutely have to file and pay inheritance tax on property and money you received. The other is income tax filing which is Federal (non state) btw waht state are u in?

If you did not receive any income or did not make the $$ for required filing... then my opinion is to let "sleeping dogs lie" for the time being. If it ever comes a time for you to adjust status due to an amnesty or otherwise... there is always time to file your returns to meet that criteria when the time would come.

Let me know what the 1099's are to advise.

Hi
    the the 1099s are for some benefeciary money I am going to receive this year. I am not sure what type they are. Also I am going to receive interest from the bank and that will be other 1099s. I am talking about filling taxes next year for 2004 not 2003. I dont have anything showing for 2003. I have not yet transfer the houses to my name therefore I am not receiving any income from them. I am self employed and there is no 1099 involved, I dont work for anyone. I do not claim my income there. I woulld like to claim my income and pay taxes because is the right thing to do. If need to pay taxes I dont really care. What do you think?
    I know so many people who are undocumenated and pay taxes, how they do it?
    thanks a lot

>> My social socurity is only valid for immigration authorization.

Your SS# is valid for life and does not expire based on your status in the U.S., but your SS# is not valid for employment any longer, you need employment authorization in order to legally work, NOT to validate your SS#.

How do the others do it (pay taxes while out of status)?
    1. Use someone else's SS# (from a USC or LPR).
    2. Use a fake SS#
    3. Not pay taxes at all.

Originally posted by 4now:
    Hi John

1099's are inhertiance related.. but you do not say how. is it 1099S, 1099B?? The rental properties income if they are rented currently and you are receiving the income will have to be reported using a Schedule E on the 1040. If you did not receive income in 2003 it is not necessary to file.

Now when you say file taxes in 2004.. do you mean file for the tax year 2003 or are you talking about a future filing for taxyear 2oo4 which will occur between Jan/april of 2005?

What reason are you filing self employment taxes for... are you self employed in a business and/or receiving 1099 misc income?

Now I believe you have 2 different issues here. One is a state inheritance filing that you abosolutely have to file and pay inheritance tax on property and money you received. The other is income tax filing which is Federal (non state) btw waht state are u in?

If you did not receive any income or did not make the $$ for required filing... then my opinion is to let "sleeping dogs lie" for the time being. If it ever comes a time for you to adjust status due to an amnesty or otherwise... there is always time to file your returns to meet that criteria when the time would come.

Let me know what the 1099's are to advise.
    Hi I live in New york. How I see it is like this. I will have to pay taxes on the 1099s from the money will receive from some beneficiary programs.
    How do I file for that?
    Second can I not report the rents I reveive from the 2 houses. An accountant told me that in new york, tenants are not required to report their rent. I do not have a 1099 from any type of work. Are all inheritance related. Please advise
    thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4now:
    Hi John

1099's are inhertiance related.. but you do not say how. is it 1099S, 1099B?? The rental properties income if they are rented currently and you are receiving the income will have to be reported using a Schedule E on the 1040. If you did not receive income in 2003 it is not necessar