50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: MY GRATITUDE

THAX FOR THE HELP EVERYONE, I WAS HIRED FIRST AND THAN I FILLED OUT MY W2, I CONTACTED MY EMPLOYER AND SHE TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE COPY I FILLED OUT WAS FOR FILES ONLY, SO WAHT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

THAX FOR THE HELP EVERYONE, I WAS HIRED FIRST AND THAN I FILLED OUT MY W2, I CONTACTED MY EMPLOYER AND SHE TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE COPY I FILLED OUT WAS FOR FILES ONLY, SO WAHT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Like I said, false claims are irreversible, but only when the benefit you obtained is not available to you under normal circumstances. If you didn't make the false claim to get a bigger refund, or for any other fraudulent purpose, you're ok.
    Another example, you make a false claim to get an application for welfare BUT NEVER FILE THE APPLICATION, no damage is done, you did not obtain a benefit you're not qualified to get. If you do file the application save time and pack your bags as well.
    And even this would be pushing it, because actual filing for welfare could be constituted as a "benefit under the act or any federal or state law", but the simple acquisition of an application, without more, is not much. In fact, most application forms can be even downloaded from the internet without any pre-requisites. The "benefits" are available to only citizens, but you can get a form, otherwise the USCIS wouldn't even bother offering downloadable forms for citizens looking to get benefits. If you do file the form you'll find yourself facing criminal charges and deportation, all in one convenient package.

And you may wanna hit that Caps Lock key...

First of all you did not fill out a W-2 you filled out a W-4. Second, you did not claim to be a citizen on the W-4, you claimed to be a citizen on the I-9. Your boss does not understand the law or the purose of the I-9 if she thinks it is for her files only. An I-9 must be produced on demand from the Department of Laboer in the event of an audit.

I think you will be fine as long as the position you accepted was not specified as being open to U.S. citizens only. I am suspicious about this though, as you indicate you only worked at this place for a few days. Did you leaving have anything to do with your immigration status?

If you were NOT authorized to work, or the job was reserved only to U.S. citizens, you will be deported. Why? because you used the false claim to bypass the INA and obtain a benefit not available to you. Employment is not a benefit, but authorization to work is.
    If you were authorized to work and there's no citizenship requirements related to the job, you should be fine.