50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Urgent - Interview without original Naturalization Certificate

Me and my wife received a notice of interview to be held on the 16th of Feb. I am a US citizen and have filed a petetion for her permanent residency. I have not received an approved I-130. However, the interview is going to be for her I-485 (AOS). I guess, it is okay even though I have not received my I-130 being approved. I recently had apply for my passport and my original Naturalization Certificate has been shipped to the Passport issuance office. I do not think, I will be able to get this back before the interview. Will they require an original Naturalization Certificate during the interview? Or, will a copy do? I have a copy of it. Please let me know if anyone knows anything in this regard.
    Please anyone suggest if there will be a problem during the interview

Me and my wife received a notice of interview to be held on the 16th of Feb. I am a US citizen and have filed a petetion for her permanent residency. I have not received an approved I-130. However, the interview is going to be for her I-485 (AOS). I guess, it is okay even though I have not received my I-130 being approved. I recently had apply for my passport and my original Naturalization Certificate has been shipped to the Passport issuance office. I do not think, I will be able to get this back before the interview. Will they require an original Naturalization Certificate during the interview? Or, will a copy do? I have a copy of it. Please let me know if anyone knows anything in this regard.
    Please anyone suggest if there will be a problem during the interview

They wanted originals and a photo-copy citizen certificate .They will keep the copy and give you the original back.Try hard to get it.

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    SA:

Though Interview Appointment Notice' always requires applicants to bring original documents to their interview so that INS could see them, but that doesn't mean adjudication officer definitely asks to see original documents during the interview. I personally don't think officer will ask you to show the original Naturalization Certificate because INS has all the information on you in their system.

If officer ever demands to see the original of it, then just explain to the officer why you don't have original of it as of now. Officer would most definitely understand it. Again, I'm pretty sure that officer won't ask about it. And if he asks then just give him the photocopy of it. Worst to worst, officer may ask you to come back with the Original of it when you get the original back.

I've never heard anyone having problem in the absence of original Naturalization Certificate. You will do just fine.

Good luck.

"Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid."- Matthew 14:27