free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amnesty??

Hello Everyone! I've not posted for a while and wondered what was going on with the supposed new amnesty laws?

Hello Everyone! I've not posted for a while and wondered what was going on with the supposed new amnesty laws?

In a word...NOTHING. The American people are opposed to any amnesty.

If we continue with this "amnesty", then the next movement will be to give amnesty to *** offenders, thieves, etc etc (I am not saying that all illegals are like that).

Look carefully, if we give amnesty for a person who is illegal and brakes the law then what will be the difference from the others?

And don't give that speech of "because they are very poor...", well I am not rich either but that doesn't give me the right to brake the law, right? Because of them many that are here legally are paying the price.

Then don't bother to ask the police and the goverment for help.

"If we continue with this "amnesty", then the next movement will be to give amnesty to *** offenders, thieves"
    Current criminal legal system gives amnesty & forgives breaking the law after some time.
    Even if you kill the person you will be free after 30 years in prison. This is not the case with illegals - they will never be able to get legal.
    If you force aginst the red light or speed up 120miles/hour or drive under influence of alcohol you are given amnesty after certain time. Unlike illegal aliens youwill be allowed to drive legally sooner or later.

The bottom line is after criminal or traffic or tax crime you are given amnesty but not for illegal stay.

Maria--The amnesties you cite require the guilty party to stop committing the illegal act AND to make reparations. An illegal alien who remains here is continuing to repeat the act--it's not just about illegal entry, but illegal presence, illegal working, and oftentimes, fraud. If you want to leave and apply to come legally, fine, do it. But please quit likening illegal aliens to traffic offenders and the like. As I've said before, if these committed offenses on a daily basis the way illegal aliens do, then they'd be in prison.

Illegal alien remains here forever because he is not given any chance to apply for a legal status unlike thieves, offenders, criminals, murderers or traffic offenders who are given a chance to conduct their life legally with full citizen priviligies.

First time immigration law breakers should be given a chance to go back into legal path and apply for worker visa.

I guess the traffic offenders, etc that you speak of are citizens? They have a right to be in this country, either by birth or because they did things the proper way? As Aliba said, they pay in some way, make reparation. Amnesty is totally different. You are using the word in both situations and the situations differ. Amnesty is forgiveness without retribution. Why should someone who came here, making no effort to follow legal channels, be given amnesty? Maybe there should be a program of some sort, where a person can make retribution, etc., but amnesty? What about all of these people who break their backs doing things the legal way? Do you think they WANT to wait for what is sometimes years to become perm residents or citizen?? Reward the offender and there will only be more.

[quote]Hello Everyone! I've not posted for a while and wondered what was going on with the supposed new amnesty laws?[end quote]

All the answers are in this thread:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...21#97710658621

"Amnesty is forgiveness without retribution."
    Not true - illegal alien worker cannot travel home, has no insurance or benefits provided & is under paid just because he has no papers.
    And finally he has to pay a penalty like traffic offender a ticket.

"Why should someone who came here, making no effort to follow legal channels"
    You have many threads here showing that an employer has no means to hire somebody in need legally and an illegal alien has only2 choices either not to be admitted & stay home or work & stay here illegally - he of course chooses the second option.

"where are Americans supposed to work?" Illegal aliens if granted visa are not going to take up any new position because they are employed anyway and they have already a job that could not have been filled by any American.