50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: within the processing date in my area

I have been waiting for an appointment interview since 2002 in my local area. this is my time line:
    applied for I-485 in april of 2002.
    got figureprinted on october of 2002
    second figureprint on April of 2004
    I just found out from the BCIS website that my local office, Tampa, is now processing I-485 application received on May 2002. does that mean that I should have received a letter concerning my application now? is it about time to contact my local office to find out the status my application? thanks

I have been waiting for an appointment interview since 2002 in my local area. this is my time line:
    applied for I-485 in april of 2002.
    got figureprinted on october of 2002
    second figureprint on April of 2004
    I just found out from the BCIS website that my local office, Tampa, is now processing I-485 application received on May 2002. does that mean that I should have received a letter concerning my application now? is it about time to contact my local office to find out the status my application? thanks

You'll have to wait untill the results of the fingerprinting come back.

Could be anywhere between 1 week and 1 year.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Naadu ...I applied for GC &I485 in July 2002. Have to go in June for my 2nd fingerprints. Could you plse give me the url from BCIS tampa? Thx in advance.

xandtrick ...in a way it would be ridiculous if "we" would have to wait another year after the 2nd fingerprints were done, but when I think of, especially Tampa, 30 months waiting time for the first interview, nothing should be able to shock me.

Atlanta's wait is 36 months. Have already waited 25 months. have yet to be fingerprinted.

**** ...reina ...that means Atlanta is even worse than Tampa and I always thought nobody could beat those 30 months. My family in Germany they all think I am stupid and don't want to come to visit them. They can't imagine a waiting time like this. Well, maybe I would think the same way if I would live in Germany and my child would tell me that she can't come because of ...hm? ... Why in the first place are some INS offices so far behind? It can't be because "not enough personel" or "too many immigrants"?