free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: documents

Hi everybody,

I would like to have an answer pls. My papers are filed concurrently 1-140 and I-485. UCIS requested for additional documents for I-485 and we sent all of it. When I checked my case they updated only I-140 saying we received the requested documents and when I checked I -485 they are saying on .... we sent to you a request for additional papers..... and ..... Why only they updated I-140 not I-485. Would you please clarify.

Thanks
    Therez

Hi everybody,

I would like to have an answer pls. My papers are filed concurrently 1-140 and I-485. UCIS requested for additional documents for I-485 and we sent all of it. When I checked my case they updated only I-140 saying we received the requested documents and when I checked I -485 they are saying on .... we sent to you a request for additional papers..... and ..... Why only they updated I-140 not I-485. Would you please clarify.

Thanks
    Therez

hi Therez ,

it happens all the time with lot of people and INS is not sufficient in certain things... if u have receipt and proof of sending ur documents ... u should contact them with those evidences that u have already sent them.... Worse come worse ...send them again... after all we have to do whatever they say...we got no other choice...wish u all the best...Pasha

Thank you Pasha. I appreciate your time and reply in this.

What happend was my lawyer received a letter and letter says I-485, and they need tax papers of the company for certain years, and he replied with all documents for the company's tax papers for the years they requested. and those papers they received and was updated only on my I-140. When I talked to my lawyer he said they received only that date's letter. Nothing else. I was only the papers for the company taxes. So what is this now? pls let me know.

Thanks
    Therez

Pasha,

my question is why they only updated with I-140 and not updating I-485 saying we received the documents ... and will inform you of our decision.

Pls let me know.

Thanks
    Therez

Hi Terez,

Due to heavy work load this kinda things are quite possible in INS... you should make an inquiry...contact your congressman also...coz they are very helpful in this kinda situation... I would definitely take help of congressman in this situation...good luck...Pasha

you filed concurrently right? they will not continue processing your 1-485 until your 1-140 is approved, petition approval first before aos.1-140 is a pre-requisite of 1-485.
    what is important is that they acknowledged the receipt of you rfe's documents., since you filed concurrently, any additional evidence you sent to them will be used for the processing of the whole package.

Thank you Pasha, Thank you al_2003.

Therez