Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove of conditional situation

Hi everyone!
    i am about to filed the form I-751 in order to remoe my conditional resident i got for been married to a USC (june 2004).
    Sadly my marriage is not going well and my husband said that if we decide to separate he will report to immigration offices about my case becouse he does not like responsabilities for his parents and him for been my sponsor - I understand and respect that - But, what about me?... i ask myself and found i want be here, so i went for advice to charities places and they told me that even if i decide to leave my husband before we file I-751 they can do that if i show documents that show my marriage in good faith ... is that correct?
    I really love my husband and i think he does too but we are so different and we are destroying each other... i really prefer to take a health desicion about this instead hurt ourselves more.
    Is 100% sure that immigration will call us for an interview?... the fact is, if we get divorce my husband will not cooperate, even worst, he will report it to immigration.
    His point is send me back to my country... i feel myself as a package!
    i don't know what to do...please any advice?.
    after file I-751 how long do i have to wait to get the gc?.... how long until the interview?
    Thanks for your responses, i really lost and i dont have anybody here...please!
    God bless you!

Hi everyone!
    i am about to filed the form I-751 in order to remoe my conditional resident i got for been married to a USC (june 2004).
    Sadly my marriage is not going well and my husband said that if we decide to separate he will report to immigration offices about my case becouse he does not like responsabilities for his parents and him for been my sponsor - I understand and respect that - But, what about me?... i ask myself and found i want be here, so i went for advice to charities places and they told me that even if i decide to leave my husband before we file I-751 they can do that if i show documents that show my marriage in good faith ... is that correct?
    I really love my husband and i think he does too but we are so different and we are destroying each other... i really prefer to take a health desicion about this instead hurt ourselves more.
    Is 100% sure that immigration will call us for an interview?... the fact is, if we get divorce my husband will not cooperate, even worst, he will report it to immigration.
    His point is send me back to my country... i feel myself as a package!
    i don't know what to do...please any advice?.
    after file I-751 how long do i have to wait to get the gc?.... how long until the interview?
    Thanks for your responses, i really lost and i dont have anybody here...please!
    God bless you!

First of all, you are going to get some really hateful responses to your post because there have been a LOT of posts regarding the I-751 where the marriages are "failing". You might want to do a search and read some of those other threads as they have helpful advice. There apparently is a waiver that can be filed once the divorce is finalized to prove that marriage was bonafide. I don't know how successful they are. If you and your husband love each other then why not go for counseling? If he loves you then why does he not want you to stay in U.S. since that's what you want to do? I can understand him wanting to withdraw the affidavit of support but HOPEFULLY you're not planning on staying in the U.S. and receiving some type of government benefit such as food stamps, welfare, etc.

Michael
    AHHHHHHHHH !!!
    THE TRILLIONTH POST ABOUT I-751 Divorce Waiver
    I can't stand it

First we have the Sasser Virus and now the I-751 Divorce Waiver Virus !!!!

Michael
    If there was real love there then why wouldn't he cooperate and why would he report you to immigration ? I smell a be fat smelly immigration scam here ! Lots shes not telling she is

Then there is the Michael virus!!!

Always negative, conceited and trying to talk bad of every situation. Every 'village' has its mad man, so we have Michael for the ilw 'village'.

Keep up the drama Michael, maybe this has therapeutic effects on your worsening state of mind.

Do not pay attention to the negative comments on the board. Yes there is a waiver, however you will be called for an interview if you submit the waiver. You can even be called for an interview even if you do not submit the waiver. You will need plenty of documentation. A copy of everything (I mean EVERYTHING) you and your husband did jointly. Leases, rental agreements, health insurance, life insurance, picutres of vacations you took together, letter from friends, relatives, clergy about your marriage, and the failing of it, and why it failed. Also, if you think this is going to get nasty...and some do, you need to speak immediately with an immigration lawyer that is aware of divorce laws. After you file the form, it takes about 12 months for it to be approved or for you to be called for an interview. I wish you well.

In some cases, BCIS do not call for interview in Condition Removal cases.

If he decides to divorce you, you can only file the waiver if the divorve is final. Since I do not forsee yout divorce finalized in a couple months, you should have him sign the documents as you are still married. If you guys decide to get a divorce file the waiver. INS will evaluate both of them. With the waiver you have an interview and he DOES NOT need to be there. With out the waiver (jointly filed) you might or might not have an interview. Its the biggest grey area as one of our members in this board has posted. You are not alone plenty of people are going through the same thing. We do not know what will happen.

Don't worry about your husband "reporting" you. Even if he tried it, it most likely wouldn't result in anything. It would probably just be blown-off as the vindictive scheme of a jealous spouse.
    Have a nice day