free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Good advice.

Hello.
    I am interested in any suggestions you may have as I am searching for a different lawyer.

In May 1999 I came to the United States with a Visa. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the law that required me to apply for asylum within one year of entering the country. There were changes in my political situation, so I filed my application three months after the deadline. The first step was the interview with the INS, in which I was denied. Then I took my case to the court and was also denied. I appealed the judges ruling in October 2002 and I recently received a letter on May 28th approving my right to appeal the ruling and requiring a brief regarding my case, for which I have 30 days to file. Since the appeal, filed in October 2002, I got married in September 2003 with a US citizen (I know her from five years and we are both students) and my wife immediately filed an I130 petition. We have not heard from the INS regarding the I130 which means that we cannot use that in our appeal, to our understanding.

I am considering getting a new lawyer that is more capable of fighting for our case. All we want is to be together and we are in search of a lawyer that will help us make that happen. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much for your time.

Hello.
    I am interested in any suggestions you may have as I am searching for a different lawyer.

In May 1999 I came to the United States with a Visa. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the law that required me to apply for asylum within one year of entering the country. There were changes in my political situation, so I filed my application three months after the deadline. The first step was the interview with the INS, in which I was denied. Then I took my case to the court and was also denied. I appealed the judges ruling in October 2002 and I recently received a letter on May 28th approving my right to appeal the ruling and requiring a brief regarding my case, for which I have 30 days to file. Since the appeal, filed in October 2002, I got married in September 2003 with a US citizen (I know her from five years and we are both students) and my wife immediately filed an I130 petition. We have not heard from the INS regarding the I130 which means that we cannot use that in our appeal, to our understanding.

I am considering getting a new lawyer that is more capable of fighting for our case. All we want is to be together and we are in search of a lawyer that will help us make that happen. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much for your time.

Could anybody that has any experience in a similar situation please help.!!!!!
    Shinho

Did your wife also apply for I-485 (AOS marriage-based)?

First, I would like to thank you for your reply. My wife did not apply for the I-485, because we did not know about it. The lawyer that we have also never mention it(the reason that we are looking for another lawyer explains how happy we are with him)
    Can we still apply for the I-485?
    Thank you for your time.
    Shinho

As far as I know you can still apply for and AOS. Unfortunatley if you would have filed it all together you priority date would have been the same for each. Yes, go ahead and file the AOS, as was states in an earlier post submit copies of all this when you go for your appeal. Also file for work authorization and advance parole (if you might leave the country) when you file for AOS. Also for this you will need prrof of a bonafide marriage and a affidavit of support for you. However keep searching for a good attorney.

Thank you so much for all your help.
    Shinho

I'm not a walking boarder patrol or any thing like that . which country are you from? similar situation but differ a little tiny bit. which state are you I have a very good and reputable lawer.. trus me he will win ya case .. This guy has what it take to win a case... let me know which state I email ya with website . he is base in MN