free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent - Conditiona Residency Appointment

My wife went to her K-3 visa appointment on July 2007 and was denied her visa and afforded the opportunity to submit a I-601 waiver which we submitted on October 2007. My wife was not seen until about 30 minutes before the Ciudad Juarez Consulate closed so the officer didn't even bother to read the waiver and told my wife that I would get a letter in the mail approving or disapproving the I-601 waiver.

Problem is I have not received an approval or dispproval of the I-601 waiver and my wife has now an appointment for the Conditional Residency on February 2008. Question is I have a military commitment for the first two weeks in February and Jury Duty the third week of February 2008. Should I let my wife go to the appointment and risk her being denied the visa or should I postpond the appointment until the I-601 has been approved?

A prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

My wife went to her K-3 visa appointment on July 2007 and was denied her visa and afforded the opportunity to submit a I-601 waiver which we submitted on October 2007. My wife was not seen until about 30 minutes before the Ciudad Juarez Consulate closed so the officer didn't even bother to read the waiver and told my wife that I would get a letter in the mail approving or disapproving the I-601 waiver.

Problem is I have not received an approval or dispproval of the I-601 waiver and my wife has now an appointment for the Conditional Residency on February 2008. Question is I have a military commitment for the first two weeks in February and Jury Duty the third week of February 2008. Should I let my wife go to the appointment and risk her being denied the visa or should I postpond the appointment until the I-601 has been approved?

A prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

She should go to the appointment.
    Did you go through the Pilot Program in Juarez? Normally, it gives 601 decisions within 48 hours...

Thanks for your response NeedHelpFast. I have already answered your question on my posting.

Unfortunately for us, the officer who was handling my wife's case(I-601 waiver) felt that it was more important for him to get home on time for super than to minimize our wait, time, and saving me money.

The pilot program is the reason why we went back to Juarez but again the officer reviewing my wife's waiver did not bother to read it. He just set it aside and told my wife that I would get a decision by mail. Would I have known I would have just mailed it and had saved $2,000 in plane tickets, hotel, food, and taxi, etc.

They don't give a **** that I am a war veteran that I am currently proudly serving my country in the armed forces.

Yoqui, your frustration is understandable but it won't do without (at least) her personally appearing for the interview.

hi yoqui ,,can u tell us what was the reason of the denial? have she ever been in the u.s before? why did they denied the visa anyway?

My wife was given a 5-year bar back in 2000 for misrepresentation before we even met. She's never been to the U.S.A.

Because of her misrepresentation is why we had to submit the I-601 waiver which we submitted over on October 2007. She had her first K-3 visa interview on July 2007.

She now has her first Conditional Residency interview next month. I am debating whether we should attend this interview or postpond it at a later time.

Can you shed some light as to whether we are going to have to wait for the I-601 approval or do you think that we may have a good chance of being issued to Conditional Residency Card?

Thanks for the input Rough_Neighbor but is not so much the frustration. I realize that this takes time but all the money I have spent so far and this immigration officers are not really accountable to anybody.

they get paid whether they approved or deny cases or even telling me that I will get a letter in the mail rather than taking the time to read my wife's waiver since we're already there waiting the whole date. They're just like Gods out there. They do as they please and nobody can contradict their action.

Besides, immigration is not doing this for free. They have raised their fees so high that a fortune can be spent through this whole ordeal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yoqui:
    My wife was given a 5-year bar back in 2000 for misrepresentation before we even met. She's never been to the U.S.A.

Can you shed some light as to whether we are going to have to wait for the I-601 approval or do you think that we may have a good chance of being issued to Conditional Residency Card? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If she was given a 5 year ban in 2000 (and that's all) she wouldn't need a waiver now (2007/2008).

Under the normal circumstences, CR-1 wouldn't be approved before I-601 is approved, but here is the question if I-601 was needed at all.

If the ban is over, maybe the guy who interwieved her for K3 made a mistake,.. in that case she may have a chance in getting an immigrant visa in February..

I concur with Aneri, 5 year ban in 2000, she doesn't even need a waiver now. Definitely go to the interview, she may be approved there.