free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 Approval

Hi Guys

My application for I130 was approved today. I am in the category for US citizen petitioning for child over 21 and I am in the UK.

Can you tell me what happens now my priority date is 30 May 2002, I notice they are looking at 15 Apr 2001, does that mean that they will send my application to the UK and I have to wait until the UK embassy calls me when my priority date arrives or is the priority date shown just for people in the US.

any advice welcome

Hi Guys

My application for I130 was approved today. I am in the category for US citizen petitioning for child over 21 and I am in the UK.

Can you tell me what happens now my priority date is 30 May 2002, I notice they are looking at 15 Apr 2001, does that mean that they will send my application to the UK and I have to wait until the UK embassy calls me when my priority date arrives or is the priority date shown just for people in the US.

any advice welcome

Nikki
    When your priority date 30 May 2002 become current, Visa center will send notification letter(along with all other additional form to process for your child) to your mailing address that you provided on your I-130.
    When you receive the package, then fill up all forms such as form G325(Bio.Data), Form DS230 Part1 & 2 (for immigrant visa applications)etc and follow up per their instructions,and mail back to visa center. Then Visa center will send notification letter to the embassy where your child will be intervied. When Embassy receive the letter from visa center, embassy will contact you or your child at UK address for interview..and so on..

I'm in the same boat, I guess it's just a wait. Just wondering how long it's going to take for the priorty date to become current - a year??????

Thanks

Same date as well - what a coincidence!

Having looked at the processing times a year looks most likely. It seems like we're so close but yet still so far. Are you waiting in the UK like me traveler.