publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Does F1 student awaiting adjustment I485, have to stay FT in school on F1?

I am British I have been an F1 student studying full time in the U.S.A for the last 3 years. I recently got married and applied for an adjustment of status (I485package )and also an employment athorization card -I765-(my husband is american). When my Employment card comes, do I still have to be registered as a full time student in school? Also as my adjustment of status application is being processed, do I have to maintain full time F1 status until I have an answer from the UCIS or does being in the process allow me to change to part time in school? I really need a break from full time school but I am not sure what the law is or what my status is when waiting for adjustment.

I am British I have been an F1 student studying full time in the U.S.A for the last 3 years. I recently got married and applied for an adjustment of status (I485package )and also an employment athorization card -I765-(my husband is american). When my Employment card comes, do I still have to be registered as a full time student in school? Also as my adjustment of status application is being processed, do I have to maintain full time F1 status until I have an answer from the UCIS or does being in the process allow me to change to part time in school? I really need a break from full time school but I am not sure what the law is or what my status is when waiting for adjustment.

The answer to your question is "No".

Your answer is no and u are free from the FT student thing. Since you have filed I-485 you are no longer in student status, you are now, an adjustment status-you shld have receipt from USCIS.

Congratulations on yr marraige!!!

Thanks! I really need a break from school and it has been costing a lot full time.

hi!
    I'm an F-1 grad student & I have maintained status (and still in school). My husband (USC) and I filed AOS in Dec. 2003.
    I informed our university's (International Students & Scholars (ISS) office) of my AOS. After informing them, I was allowed to register 2 credit hours (until I finish, since I'm only doing my dissertation). I was told by the university's ISS staff that they will maintain my SEVIS records (as an AOS applicant) & update it until I get my green card. I hope this helps.

hi!

For my case, I did not have any problems on my AOS and having my university maintained my SEVIS records)...The university staff has been updating my records in SEVIS: for any change(s) in my home address in GA & the status of my case. I was also told, I don't need to file for AR-11 because my mailing (physical address) is still Oklahoma & besides, I'm still a student here. (...although my home state is Georgia, where my AOS was adjudicated).
    NEW UPDATES: My AOS has been approved last tuesday (Sept 27, 2005)!!! Thanks for this discussion board for all the info

Hi!
    Another update: My greencard (good for 10 yrs) arrived in the mail yesterday (Oct 3, 2005)!!!

I envy you buddy!! Congratulations!