free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Congress re: Passing more equitable immigration laws

There is currently several items of legislation pending in Congress, specifically in committees. This legislation will eventually die if the public does not contact members of congress and request positive action on these bills. For example in the house HR 2585 is has been sent to committee. This legislation could help a significant number of folks deported or facing deportation for crimes including some aggravated felonies. It is a shame so many US citizens have been or will be separated from their parents, children, siblings, and spouses because the alien may have made one mistake. The US is supposed to have more compassion and be more progressive than other countries, but our immigration system is fundamentally flawed. I would encourage you to contact congress, the ACLU, AILA, and advocacy groups for various ethnic groups (Hispanics, Haitians, Asians, Jamaicans, etc.) and get people motivated to do something. Most people stuck with an immigration problem cannot afford to hire an expensive attorney or a lobby group to get them the desired result. But if more people would get involved and more importantly bug the members of congress then these laws may get passed and help entire classes of people who are in the same situation. With an election on the horizon and both major parties courting the minority vote, it is important to hold elected officials accountable and make government work for someone besides the special interests, Haliberton, and Enron.

There is currently several items of legislation pending in Congress, specifically in committees. This legislation will eventually die if the public does not contact members of congress and request positive action on these bills. For example in the house HR 2585 is has been sent to committee. This legislation could help a significant number of folks deported or facing deportation for crimes including some aggravated felonies. It is a shame so many US citizens have been or will be separated from their parents, children, siblings, and spouses because the alien may have made one mistake. The US is supposed to have more compassion and be more progressive than other countries, but our immigration system is fundamentally flawed. I would encourage you to contact congress, the ACLU, AILA, and advocacy groups for various ethnic groups (Hispanics, Haitians, Asians, Jamaicans, etc.) and get people motivated to do something. Most people stuck with an immigration problem cannot afford to hire an expensive attorney or a lobby group to get them the desired result. But if more people would get involved and more importantly bug the members of congress then these laws may get passed and help entire classes of people who are in the same situation. With an election on the horizon and both major parties courting the minority vote, it is important to hold elected officials accountable and make government work for someone besides the special interests, Haliberton, and Enron.

[quote] Most people stuck with an immigration problem cannot afford to hire an expensive attorney or a lobby group to get them the desired result. But if more people would get involved and more importantly bug the members of congress then these laws may get passed and help entire classes of people who are in the same situation. [end quote]

Cycle and Trend are Gods of political decisions.
    With that in mind rest assured: things will happen at preordained times and not a day earlier or later.

70 centuries of known history are behind us:
    there are perhaps 70 more ahead.

Be wise, learn from past.

Best wishes,
    E.

Michael
    The only law we need is to turn all illegals, blacks, arabs and jews into dog food

Ok, Michael.
    And once job is done don't you think you will be next on the list?

Michael
    no next will be democrats, liberals, illiterates, communists and American Indians and Eskimos

Michael, why on earth do you waste your time on this website? I am sure if you take your act on the road you can have Rush L.'s job in a heartbeat. AND more importantly why do you live in NYC? It must make you sick to live around some many immigrants. The diversity must make you insane. Maybe you and Bloomberg should start a task force and report directly to W. Round every one up who can trace their heritage to some other country than the good old USA and send everyone back to their native land. Just make sure you, Bush, Cheney, etc are on the last boat or plane, because the only people who will be left here, after your task force rounds everyone up, will be Native Americans. Now God Bless you and have a great day.

E.,
    I truly appreciate the point you are trying to make, but I have been researching this issue for a friend in trouble. I know several members of Congress have been putting legislation forth to try to correct the injustice in the immigration laws. I just believe if more people, particularly voters, would make their voices heard, then our elected officials will address this issue. During my research, I came across a story where a young man committed suicide after his father was deported over the sale of a dime bag of marijuana 20 years earlier. It is stories like this that have motivated me to try to get the word out and support the few members of congress who are trying to help. So I urge everyone who reads this thread (ignore Michael) to contact their representatives and other members of congress, the ACLU, AILA, etc and try to get a grassroots movement going to support HR 2585.

Unfortunately, the majority of voters tend to be anti-immigration. Congressmen care about getting the MOST votes, not about getting a handful of votes from the relatives of immigrants.
    Have a nice day