50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: need help

My appeal with the BIA was rejected and motion to reconsider was as well rejected,but when i find out that my former lawyer did not file a motion of my appeal and had filed a motion to reconsider three day after the timeline,I reported him with the state bar and still waiting for his respounds to my report.
    My new lawyer has filed a motion to reopen my case due to ineffective of the former lawyer and we are still waiting to see if my case will be reopen. And my wife as well filed an I 130 which we had paid my former lawyer to file but he did not file it.
    My empolyment authorization has expired and i had filed for a renewal before we find out that my former lawyer did not do anything in my case.I have an appointment to come at the immigration office in my state to pick up my new empolyment authorization in january.
    My question is this should i go for this appointment,will the immigration arrest me and withdraw my parole from me.Or should i wait for the out come of my motion to reopen.Will be arrested for not having a new empoyment authorization while iam work.Finally can i sue my former lawyer for legal malpratice.

My appeal with the BIA was rejected and motion to reconsider was as well rejected,but when i find out that my former lawyer did not file a motion of my appeal and had filed a motion to reconsider three day after the timeline,I reported him with the state bar and still waiting for his respounds to my report.
    My new lawyer has filed a motion to reopen my case due to ineffective of the former lawyer and we are still waiting to see if my case will be reopen. And my wife as well filed an I 130 which we had paid my former lawyer to file but he did not file it.
    My empolyment authorization has expired and i had filed for a renewal before we find out that my former lawyer did not do anything in my case.I have an appointment to come at the immigration office in my state to pick up my new empolyment authorization in january.
    My question is this should i go for this appointment,will the immigration arrest me and withdraw my parole from me.Or should i wait for the out come of my motion to reopen.Will be arrested for not having a new empoyment authorization while iam work.Finally can i sue my former lawyer for legal malpratice.

You have retained new counsel. I respectfully suggest you direct your queries towards him or her rather than to a public newsgroup. Otherwise, why pay for new counsel if you're not going to have them represent your interests? Afterall, for that is what you are paying him/her.