50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Advice Needed Please.

Hello. Im a newly wed and im trying to sponsor my husband and his son. Both of them came here legally with a tourist visa but overstayed. His son is 20 years old and will be turning 21 in June. Is there anything i can do to help him?

Hello. Im a newly wed and im trying to sponsor my husband and his son. Both of them came here legally with a tourist visa but overstayed. His son is 20 years old and will be turning 21 in June. Is there anything i can do to help him?

I would send both applications (I-485 package) ASAP.

Thanks for the reply. As far as I know my husband has filed the required applications and will be sending them by the end of this month. He is doing this on his own with the help of the some friends who were in the same situation. What can we expect after the apps have been sent?

get together all your bona fide marriage documents in order, they will be getting fingerprints notices, and then interview. Try to organize as much as you can all kinds of documents showing your relationship since the beggining. Make sure to review it a few times, and not give the officer something not relevant or that might raise suspicion. At least talk to an immigration attorney in your area for advice before the interview.

I think also you need to prepare all the documents they want you to present to them like the affidavit of support, W2 taxes and other stuff they required among the package. they will also ask him the same day to apply for the work permit and you can take it the same day. that is what happened with me.

And you also,as other members ain't telling you, be prepaed that their application can most likely be denied and why it would be denied I think,is known by you,otherwise this topic would have not started.

Why question is,its not if someone cam here aka entered legally,if the person is goign through the steps the law asks you to do,

I personally am sure it will be denied because,there is so much to do..physical,interview,applications,fee's,and most importantly, you can not change your status if you enter the US with a tourist Visa,promising the law and US costums,you will come as a tourist aka visitor and leave as a visitor.
    Its not gonna be a easy as u might think...
    not to turn the mood down,but If I am the only member here who reply to that with opening your eyes what else can happen the chances to be denied is higher than to be approved in this case.Should maeke you aware,U know...

I always had a problem with people trying to by pass the law and the steps...and getting here with a tourist visa just to scam the costums,and once u are in,the actually intent is to be here forever,is to me and everyone else who came here fully and entered fully legally,is a big slap in their face.
    Sorry, but true...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And you also,as other members ain't telling you, be prepaed that their application can most likely be denied and why it would be denied I think,is known by you,otherwise this topic would have not started.

Why question is,its not if someone cam here aka entered legally,if the person is goign through the steps the law asks you to do,

I personally am sure it will be denied because,there is so much to do..physical,interview,applications,fee's,and most importantly, you can not change your status if you enter the US with a tourist Visa,promising the law and US costums,you will come as a tourist aka visitor and leave as a visitor.
    Its not gonna be a easy as u might think...
    not to turn the mood down,but If I am the only member here who reply to that with opening your eyes what else can happen the chances to be denied is higher than to be approved in this case.Should maeke you aware,U know...

I always had a problem with people trying to by pass the law and the steps...and getting here with a tourist visa just to scam the costums,and once u are in,the actually intent is to be here forever,is to me and everyone else who came here fully and entered fully legally,is a big slap in their face.
    Sorry, but true... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Entitled opinion but cannot be 100% accurate.
    Spousal petition based on marriage to a USC pardons overstays and dual intent burden (or what you call "scam the costums"), this being one of the major requirements, the rest are: legal entry, immaculate record, overcoming social burden/I-864 affidavit of support, and documentary proof of bona fide marriage.

Based on your other posts, you sound overly irate over some people's attempts at legalizing their immigration status in the US, even with just a slight deviation to your very strict perception of "legality".

People normally seek help and advice on this forum but it's either you're passing judgments, giving biased opinions, or re-adjudicating cases.

The fact that you reject illegal immigration in the strongest terms is understandable, but sometimes immigration procedure complexities pose real challenges and it's irresponsible to judge each and every alien as trying to by pass the law.

Welcome to the US but I have a friendly advice for you, update a little your insight about the actual immigration situation on the ground according to how majority of Americans do: that there is a problem but they seek solutions. That's one, perfecting your English is another.

I understand that my husband's son is over 18 but not yet 21 so his request might be declined. Is there anyway a lawyer can help us because i've been engaged and living with my husband and his son for the past 3 years before he was 18 we just didn't have enough money back then to get married. another question is if his request is denied, will he have to go back to his native country? Thnx.